DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Milton, Yukon Court
Job Posting Title: Pricing Analyst
Time Type: Full Time
Primary duty is to actively contribute to the Pricing Desk Department under the direction of the Pricing Desk Manager & Country Procurement. This position will interface between customers, our transportation vendors, and internal operations regarding pricing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide appropriate pricing for DSV products and services to customers ad spot requests by applying the department’s guidelines, performing profitability analysis, and suggesting optimal pricing by implementing tariffs when applicable
• Deliver informed decisions about the appropriate price points for various transport modes (Air & Sea) based on the analysis of internal, external data and customer needs.
• Serves as liaison between Sales, Clients, and Operations for any questions regarding pricing.
• Identify opportunities for improving pricing and profitability of existing accounts and Analyzes shipment volume and revenue to determine effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies
• Follows industry developments and competitor pricing strategies that may affect pricing structures, and provides tactical and strategic responses
• Negotiate competitive pricing from transportation vendors on individual shipments or lanes as needed.
• Creates and maintain client rates on Cargowise one.
• Solve Autorating issues together with operations in Cargowise one, when required
• May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced pricing team members.
Quality, Health & Safety:
• Supports organizational commitment to ISO 9001, ISO 45001 certification – Montreal location
• Perform assigned tasks to support DSV meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment and follow all requirements as set out in the DSV Quality Health Safety Environment policy.
• Staff are required to ensure that their day-to-day activities embrace sustainability, Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Education and Experience
• Post-Secondary studies in Supply Chain Management, International Trade, or related fields
• Minimum of 3 years international transportation industry experience
• Relevant industry certifications considered an asset (i.e. CIFFA, APICS)
Skills and Competencies
• Good command, both verbal and written, English skills.
• Ability to create collaborative engagements and active listening
• Service oriented and able to resolve customer grievances
• Strong interpersonal skills, building professional relationships internally and externally
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize and manage time effectively to meet goals and achieve results
• Both a team builder and a team-player
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Act as a role model for DSV values and adhere to the Code of Conduct
Language and Computer Skills
• English is the principal language for this position, additional languages may be required in other locations.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Microsoft Office suite
• CargoWise experience, an asset
• Prolonged periods sitting and standing at a desk and working on a computer
• Regular working hours apply for this position, at times, working beyond these hours may be required by business needs.
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. More than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.