DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Saint-John's, Kelsey Drive
Job Posting Title: Project Specialist, Freight Forwarding
Time Type: Full Time
To process import/export shipments in cooperation with customer service group with high accuracy using proprietary forwarding systems to ensure operational excellence and high productivity. The main type of cargo is oversized and/or cross trade.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparing, checking, and monitoring documentation of all project freight while entering all information in CW1 in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist vendors to complete export formalities such as AES, B13, if required and within company established guidelines.
• Track and trace Air, Sea and trucking shipments online and with timely follow up with overseas partners and all related stakeholders and update systems accordingly. • Preparing SOPs and follow up with overseas clients regarding KPIs compliance
• Communicate efficiently with all Stakeholders and ensure proper follow-up on shipments
• Conformity verification and proper management of shipments statuses and documentation all through the shipment cycle (from pre-booking to final delivery)
• Building and maintaining good relations with overseas partners, customers, co-workers, and management
• Monitor and respond promptly to all and specific incoming communications (clients and other business partners-domestic and overseas)
• Timely and accurate billing/ invoicing with the set standards
• Provide assistance when needed to improve products and services
• Other tasks and duties assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor
Quality, Health & Safety:
• Perform assigned tasks to support DSV meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment and follow all requirements as set out in the DSV Quality Health Safety Environment policy.
• Staff are required to ensure that their day-to-day activities embrace sustainability, Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Education and Experience
• Education in supply chain logistics, international transportation, business administration, or a related field of study.
• Minimum 2 to 5 years of industry experience
• Experience with all modes of transport (air/ocean/trucking) and be well versed handling oversized shipments • CIFFA certificate, an asset
• Project experience, an asset
• Dangerous Goods Certification, an asset
• Energy sector and industrial project experience, an asset
Skills and Competencies
• Good command, both verbal and written, English skills.
• Ability to create collaborative engagements and active listening
• Service oriented and able to resolve customer grievances • Strong interpersonal skills, building professional relationships internally and externally
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task, plan, prioritize and manage time effectively to meet goals and achieve results
• Both a team builder and a team-player
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Be authentic, approachable, open, and honest
• Understanding of business principles and language, incl. the fundamentals of finance and profitability
• Business administration competence
• Excellent Sales and negotiation skills
• Act as a role model for DSV values and adhere to the Code of Conduct
Language and Computer Skills
• English is the principal language for this position, additional languages may be required in other locations.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft® Office Suite • CargoWise experience, an asset
• Prolonged periods sitting and standing at a desk and working on a computer
• Occasional travel may be required
• Regular working hours apply for this position, at times, working beyond these hours may be required by business needs.
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. More than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.