DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Milton, Yukon Court
Job Posting Title: Regional Site Engineer
Time Type: Full Time
The Regional Site Engineer for Warehousing/Supply Chain will be responsible for implementing various contract logistics processes. The role will also drive our continuous improvement projects as well as providing engineering support to our existing business in Milton and Brampton Sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and support the development of best-in-class operating solutions that include all operational elements including design of operation flow, selection of technology and equipment and facility layout design
- Determine the implementation plan and ensure that it is set up according to the rules established
- Lead and deliver successful process implementations
- Analyze existing operations and provide improvement recommendations
- Perform cost/benefit trade-off analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system or advanced technology changes
- Provide assistance to operation in data gathering
- Communicate effectively on opportunities for improvement and identified risks
- Perform special research or technical studies critical to logistics support functions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering required or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in warehouse environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA (macros) and AutoCAD
- Knowledge and experience with WMS and lean methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Great interpersonal skills
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. More than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.