DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: CAN - Saint-Laurent, Rue Beaulac
Job Posting Title: Sales Manager - Truck Brokerage (Montreal) - 60535
Time Type: Full Time
Purpose of the position
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales growth targets and executing strategic priorities while driving collaboration within the Canadian and US organization. Maintaining existing Book of Business accounts aligned with DSV’ s Sales Process; achieving sales plan objectives with the assigned clients, new targets and prospects by selling DSV’s products and solutions; ensuring alignment across functional areas (Product, Sales, Operations) throughout all phases of the sales cycle.
Sales Managers are trained and empowered to sell across DSV Divisions but primarily sell DSV Road’s Suite of Services, including but not limited to FTL, LTL, Parcel, Expedite, Intermodal and Transportation Management solutions. Customer Targets range from Transactional and Committed relationships to Contractual partnerships.
The Sales Manager plays an important role in identifying and developing relationships with prospective clients, and existing customers, that typically go beyond a single point solution. DSV Road Sales Managers have a high degree of autonomy to manage the sales process with the full support of the DSV organization.
• Foster and leverage industry know-how, best practices and expertise across the Sales, product and operational teams within Canada
• Participate in customer generated RFI, RFQ and RFP’s and spot opportunities while ensuring all RFQ opportunities follow the Tender Management process including timely pre-RFQ strategy and alignment with Business
• Creates and maintains a sales pipeline of qualified prospective clients, within a defined geographic territory, in order to achieve set sales targets.
• Targets and secures clients that are a match to the ideal product profile, ideal client profile, and are in line with the Company strategy.
• Sells DSV Road product offerings including, but not limited to:
o FTL (dry, temp controlled, flatbed)
o Transportation Management
• Specialized trucking (out of gauge, project related)
• Reviews and identifies opportunities through the Sales Process in order to maintain a successful pipeline and achieve sales targets.
• Maintains the short-term relationship with the client to ensure satisfaction with the solution(s) provided and drives growth with the client.
• Takes accountability for coordinating the successful implementation of services sold to operations divisions responsible for day to day Commercial and Execution handling
• Ensures successful handover of the client to the retention/account development executive to ensure a sustainable long-term relationship
• Identifies integrated service offerings by liaising with cross business units for support to create breadth within the client’s supply chains and strategic relationships.
• Ensure sustainable on-going revenue (SOP, SLA, KPIs and RFQ).
• Engages with Senior Management on target clients and aligns DSV's services to their supply chains by means of a sale.
• Compiles and delivers proposals and presentations that are current, accurate, and in line with Company standards in order to secure new business.
• Manage appointments and account activity reports through the timely use of the CRM tool
• Offer a value-oriented consultation to Customers by connecting the Clients’ needs with DSV’s solutions
• Willing to travel as required
• Other duties, as assigned
• Perform assigned tasks to support DSV meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment and follow all requirements as set out in the Quality Health Safety Environment policy.
• It is the responsibility of all staffs to ensure that their day-to-day activities embrace sustainability/Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Due to the dynamic nature of our industry, your accountabilities and role may change.
Decision Making Authority
• Exceptional in handling, resolving and/or escalation if necessary
• Support of staff for escalation of issues
• Advise Manager of any transaction problems or irregularities
Function / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Process working
• Advanced understanding of supply chain management, domestic and cross-border freight, logistics and customs brokerage
• Advanced knowledge of Order Management concepts and systems
Skills & Competencies
COMMUNICATION & PRESENTATION
• Ability to communicate openly and confidently
• Ability to influence and convince others in a way that results in acceptance and agreement
• Ability to shape conversations to ensure focus and understanding
• Effective listening
• Willingness to engage in constructive confrontation
• Ability to clearly and concisely present both written and/or oral information
• Ability for systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of problems
• Willingness to challenge the status quo and to drive innovation and change
• Capable to generate creative ideas/solutions
• Is familiar with entrepreneurial and strategic matters
• Ability to recognize legal trends (regulations) incl. compliance environment
• Ability to recognize Industry and Market trends and developments
• Has a holistic perspective, realizes independencies and their impact when making a decision
• Ability to initiate and implement new approaches and procedures, to set robust plans in advance, to initiate implementation steps
• Strategic and planning skills (ability to translate strategy to operational planning and to execute)
• Strong decision-making capabilities and high accountability:
(Ability and willingness to decide based on root cause analysis and agreed criteria and to make decisions also in difficult situations)
• Ready to take personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
• Capable to make informed judgments and to generate practical, timely solutions
• Ability to find pragmatic solutions by using decision making techniques
• Willingness to involve stakeholders in decision making process, to get buy-in and to implement solutions
• Supports organizational commitment to ISO 9001, ISO 45001 certification – Montreal Only
• Customer focus (monitors customer expectations continuously and is willing to adapt own activities/procedures)
• Readiness to continuously focus on identifying and meeting customer current and future needs
• Readiness to provide alternatives and optimized solutions to the Customer
• Ability to establish a successful long-term business partnership with internal and external customers
COLLOBORATION AND INFLUENCE
• Ability to coordinate efforts/resources within and across boundaries to deliver goals
• Capable to build strong and long-term team relationships within and across functions, cultures and geographical boundaries and based on ethics and trust
• High priority for teamwork
• Ready to take personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
• Ability to set robust plans well in advance and to initiate action to move projects forward
• Planning & Organizing (Ability to prioritize, plan, assign & control)
• Time management (monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones)
• Act as a Role Model for Group Values and fully adhere to the Code of Conduct
• High energy and resilience
• High commitment and positive attitude in the face of setbacks and obstacles
• High stress level (Ability to work under pressure and deal with tight deadlines)
• Be authentic, approachable, open and honest
Educational background / Work experience
• Degree in Business Administration, economics, marketing or logistics, preferred
• 5 years of transportation industry experience, including domestic and cross-border truck brokerage (minimum)
• 5 years relevant outside sales experience
• Proven track record of significant growth in Gross and Net revenue
• Fluent in English and French
• Additional languages considered an asset
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• CRM (MS Dynamics) proficiency an asset
• TMS experience
DSV complies with the Canadian Employment Equity Act and welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.