DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV encourages inclusivity and are committed to diversity in the workplace while welcoming applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all to succeed. We work with candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to Human Resources should you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Location: CAN - Rocky View County, High Plains Trail
Job Posting Title: Supervisor
Time Type: Full Time
Core Purpose and Essence of the Position: Supervise warehousing operations and administration within the area of responsibility assigned, and manage a group of Logistics Coordinators, Warehouse Operators and Material Handlers to exceed expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly supervise and implement day to day facility operations and administration
• Ensure that warehouse functions of the operation perform in a manner consistent with company procedures and objectives and exceed client expectations
• Ensure all staff are provided sufficient training to achieve goals set out by the Company
• Thorough understanding and supervision of all warehouses inbound and outbound process flows.
• Hold associates accountable to company and client expectations
• Train to achieve the highest standards of proficiency in handling of the Warehouse Management System
o Ensure that employees meet the KPI expectations and goals
• Conduct daily briefings for the team, both at commencement and close of business
• Schedule labour in strict accordance with operational requirements, strive to always reduce overtime and temporary labor
• Operate with a client first model and ensure all client requests and expectations are effectively and promptly met, and in keeping with the contract
• Verify all associated warehousing paperwork and documentation and ensure transaction accuracy and data integrity.
• Keep all information and visual aids updated on notice boards and in the work area.
• Ensure that all material handling equipment (Forklifts, Battery Chargers, etc.) is properly cared for, maintained, checked and documented, and handled with utmost care and safety
• Understanding and experience of Accident Investigation Analysis and Follow up
• Ensure all staff comply with all Safety expectations set out by Company policy
• Maintain the highest standards of safety, housekeeping and 5S, and retain a clean, safe and secure work area.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management Systems)
• Strong proficiency of MS Office (Outlook and Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, task prioritizing, and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage workflow priorities
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented environment where a high degree of flexibility is required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• College degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Logistics
• Minimum 3 years 3PL supervisory experience.
At DSV, we keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. We provide and manage supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day – from the small family-run business to the large global corporation. Our reach is global, yet our presence is local and close to our customers. More than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. We aspire to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
DSV is a dynamic organization that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals.