Job Req Number: 74233
Time Type: Full Time
Do you want to contribute to the digital development of one of the world’s leading transport and logistic companies while you apply your leadership skills, business acumen and technical understanding? Digital & Digital Enterprise Transformation in DSV Global IT in this next ambitious step in your career.
In Digital Enterprise Transformation, we are +180 colleagues spread across the globe and our work centres around helping the DSV business and IT colleagues create more value through digital initiatives.
As the Director of Product & Software Development reporting directly to the head of Digital Enterprise Transformation, you will have the unique opportunity to lead a development department, providing leadership and strategic direction. Your role will be integral in securing streamlined deliverables that align with our corporate strategy, including the approval of business cases for all new products.
In addition, you will:
- Manage and empower an organisation of app. +80 people and directly leading a team of 15 product owners, ensuring that projects are delivered within time, scope, and budget.
- Align development efforts with the corporate strategy and secure business case approvals.
- Collaborate across Global IT and the DSV business
- Lead stakeholder management, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Control and manage costs and budgets.
- Analyse, plan, structure, and inspire the team.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and technologies, driving strategic workforce and competence development.
- Set up structures, drive KPIs and key controls for product owners, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Continuously improve the software development framework and governance
- Continuously develop your organisation according to demands and scale
- Always be on top of your product portfolio and quality like code, security, stability, scale and Toil elimination
Skilled leader with solid technical knowledge
We imagine you hold a master’s degree in software development, computer science, mathematical modelling, or a related field. You have proven experience as a manager of larger departments, with a track record of building and leading high-performing squads, teams, or functions.
In addition, you:
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to inspire and empower teams.
- Are proficient in cost control and budget management, including understanding how also small margins matter.
- Possess keen analytical, planning, and structuring skills.
- You are able to explain the "why" and empower your team.
- You have a forward-thinking and strategic mindset, with a deep understanding of market technologies and methods.
- You have strong organisational skills, and a knack for creating transparency.
- You are open to seek help and collaborate, fostering an open and communicative work environment.
Join an encouraging work environment built on ownership and empowerment
In Global IT we enable and develop the business through technological innovations to keep supply chains flowing in a world of change. Global IT consists of 2,300 employees spread across the world and we work with a high sense of integrity and ambition to deliver the best services and products for colleagues and customers alike. We are doers, and we are driven to go further, faster. One could say we move goods through technology and innovation in Global IT.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer your questions about the position and the possibilities in DSV. Please contact Head of Digital Enterprise Transformation, Peter Sergio Larsen at +45 29287141.
We process applications on an ongoing basis so please do not hesitate to apply.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.