Job Req Number: 75392
The future of transport and logistics is changing – and you can help us to continue being among the market leaders!
As our Enterprise Architect, you will play a key role in shaping the future architectures of DSV in collaboration with other IT functions and our business verticals. While pushing for modern technology practices in our software engineering, we also think beyond technical solutions and work holistically to ensure a sustainable Digital Transformation of the company.
This is a role with global impact in one of the leading transport and logistics companies in the world. Are you ready to take the reins?
Join us where technology meets business!
At DSV, our transportation and supply chain processes span hundreds of terminals and warehouses around the world. With new demands and world challenges being a constant for us, we are continuously working to improve not just our global IT function – but all DSV.
To keep up and stay ahead our Enterprise Architecture team has been tasked with paving the way for future operation models and digital evolutions, ensuring coherency across our architecture and value stream. We do so by deep-diving into problems in the spectrum between technology and business and by advising key decision-makers and those who build the solutions.
Your workplace will be in our modern headquarters located in Hedehusene, near Copenhagen.
Pragmatic enterprise architect with a problem-solving mentality
In DSV, we are adapting quickly to market changes and more importantly, we want to reduce time to market for new software features. It must be simple to try out new ideas with minimal impact to existing business solutions. Our team guides the implementation and the adoption of DSV branded platform services e.g., for integrations and cloud native deployments, with the intention to ensure standardized and predictable services to the teams building software.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the architecture and enabling technologies strategy in DSV
- Define and articulate the implications of enterprise architecture strategies, goals and viewpoints to system and application architectures in Architecture forums and projects
- Govern solution architecture design in large and/or strategic projects in collaboration with other solution architects
- Deliver supplemental technical expertise and guidance to project teams as required
- Review individual system and application designs for architectural conformance and overall solution quality (e.g., reliability, scalability, security etc.)
- Estimate level of efforts for the proposed solutions to support cost model activities
- Proactively identify, define, and maintain architectural artifacts to promote design and consistent implementation of solutions and applications
- Support creation and maintain the required architectural artifacts (building blocks, models, governance, architecture, and unified roadmaps) in the EA team
- Contribute to create best practice, knowledge sharing and knowledge management within EA team in DSV
- Form, collaborate and if required lead cross-functional teams (Domain verticals, Network, Operations, Development, Data etc.) to facilitate the creation of optimal solution architectures aligned to DSV standards
The position will provide you with ample opportunity to develop professional and personal competencies while influencing the information direction within DSV.
Qualifications and experience
- You hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or similar.
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English – spoken as well as written.
- 4+ years’ experience in enterprise architect capacity (large scale enterprise systems integration, IT strategy and management, digital transformations, information, and data management)
- Experience as a solutions architect in a consulting and/or systems integrator environment will be an advantage
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer, partner and for the organization
- Knowledge and experience in working with architecture frameworks and modelling concepts such as TOGAF, ArchiMate etc.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills
- Documented experience in architect solutions in projects using agile process
- Experience working with logistics or supply chain domains will be great, though not mandatory
You are a pragmatic team player with a flair for administration. You are curious by nature and willing to learn. You thrive on continuous improvements (agile mindset) and pay attention to detail. You have an interest in networking and communicating with all levels of our organisation. You are comfortable taking lead, accepting responsibility, and making decisions.
Become part of an international organisation
Global IT in DSV is the unit globally responsible for IT management, development, operations, maintenance and support of datacentres, servers, WAN, LAN, internet, intranet as well as all global business applications. Global IT closely follows trends within IT and is working to modernise and improve our IT landscape and organisation to remain in position to continuously help drive the DSV business development. We work in an international environment and collaborate closely with our colleagues within IT and DSV business verticals. Today Global IT has more than 2.000 employees scattered across the globe.
You will be part of a department focusing on applying technologies optimally to meet business demands. Innovation is a key to keeping DSV at the forefront of the transport and logistics industries – and enable us to offer unique value propositions to our customers.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Anil A. Krishnan, Director, Enterprise Architecture, on +45 60 53 78 90.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.