Job Req Number: 71766
Time Type: Full Time
Do you want to define how DSV governs and manages the quality of business-critical data? And do you want to impact how we create transparency of metadata?
Enhancing our Enterprise Data Management capabilities is a key component in the overall DSV digital strategy. Join us to become a senior advisor to our executive management and impact how we work with and structure master- and metadata in DSV.
“Our journey focuses on transforming our business so that we reach the full potential of our data. This requires data to be transparent and trusted, in which the 2 disciplines for master- and metadata management plays a key role,” says Head of Enterprise Data Management, Nanna Villadsen.
Enterprise Data Management – we are taking data to the next level
Joining our transformation function at Hedehusene, you become a part of our Enterprise Data Management department. This brand new team of 5 is essential to the digital transformation within DSV and our endeavour to become more data-driven.
Together, we set the stage for how DSV is to work with data, and we each play our own part in this project, bringing to the table our individual skills and area of expertise.
“Each team member is responsible for their own area that covers one or more of the classical data management disciplines. But as a team, we have a common goal and everything intertwines, so we collaborate very closely and utilise each other’s strengths,” Nanna goes on to say.
Shape and optimise our master- and metadata management
As our Master- and Metadata Management Lead, you will be at the forefront of our digital transformation journey, focusing on master- and metadata management. Doing so, you will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders as you set a clear direction for master- and metadata teams across the enterprise.
Your responsibilities include:
- Determining what data must be mastered on a central level
- Heading the development and implementation of master- and metadata management best practices together with selected stakeholders and in line with DSV's Global Data Governance Framework
- Establishing and enforcing global master- and metadata standards, processes, and quality measures in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Heading the utilisation and optimisation of our metadata catalogue, ensuring that naming guidelines for metadata, data types, and conventions, such as “snake case” or “camel case”, are defined
- Ensuring the data domain teams deliver metadata correctly
- Maintaining the metadata catalogue and ensuring all information assets are well-described
You will be part of a team that is driving the Enterprise Data Management agenda at a global scale, whereas one discipline cannot stand alone. Enhancing the data management capabilities in DSV thus requires close collaboration between all the discipline leads and business stakeholders.
Experience with master- and metadata management
You have what it takes to set the direction for this area with a calm and confident demeanor because you thoroughly understand your area of expertise. And with your keen eye for detail and a strategic mindset, you manage to always remain composed.
Also, we imagine that you:
- Have a degree in information management, computer science, or a related field
- Bring extensive experience in master- and metadata management, ideally having led projects or teams
- Know your way around metadata catalogues (Collibra), and have a solid understanding of their role in master- and metadata management
- Know how to establish standards, processes, and quality measures for master- and metadata
- Speak and write English flawlessly
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Head of Enterprise Data Management, Nanna Villadsen, at +45 20 83 35 02.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.