Job Req Number: 73044
Time Type: Full Time
Do you want to forward your career in one of the world’s largest transport and logistics companies? We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and dynamic sales professional to join our UK Road Sales Team to support the development of our Market Leading Groupage Product.
As a global freight forwarder, DSV provides and manages supply chain solutions for thousands of companies every day. Whether you are a small family-run businesses or large global corporation we focus on keeping your supply chains flowing through operational excellence and sustainable growth. This is at the core of our purpose, vision and mission.
DSV Road is one of the leading road freight operators in Europe with distribution networks in North America and Africa. Annually, we handle more than 30 million shipments and every day more than 20,000 trucks are ready to carry your goods in a fast, efficient, flexible, and environmentally friendly manner.
Why Work for DSV
Please review our careers page to see why your next career step should be with DSV. You can also watch the videos of our employees and see the reasons why they work for DSV.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To win new business and work to agreed budget targets in line with the company growth strategy.
- To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business by closing the sale.
- Develop and maintain DSV Road services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company.
- 5+ year’s commercial sales experience with a strong focus in international groupage services.
- Strong understanding of the international groupage market.
- Strong business development skills alongside relationship building skills.
- Prior connections in the industry so you can come in and ‘hit the ground running’.
- Self-starter, able to think quickly, plan and act independently
- A result orientated, hardworking, self- starter who has a good understanding of the European road freight industry with strong closing skills.
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
- DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety, and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work-related injuries, illness, and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.