Job Req Number: 70272
Time Type: Full Time
It takes a special kind of drive to keep the world moving; and due to growth, DSV is looking to recruit. Please see the links* at the bottom the page, to find out more about DSV.
DSV are recruiting for a Business Development Manager in Mercia Park. This role will This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services.
- The BDM will the strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business by closing the sale.
- They will develop and maintain DSV Air & Sea services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company in accordance with company procedures, operational procedures and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and ensuring the profit of the company.
- Give a short yet Actively promote and develop DSV Air & Sea's services within a defined region.
- The job holder will also promote DSV Air & Sea and Solutions services offering clients “One DSV” Transport and Logistics solutions.
- Complete sales reports manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures
Duties / Responsibilities
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
Skills and Competencies
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ work-related experience
- A result orientated, hardworking, self- starter who has a good understanding of the Logistics industry with strong closing skills
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills
- Excellent processing & time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary Package and an opportunity to be a part of and grow within a driven and successful company, with a team of 75,000, operating in over 95+ countries.
- Be part of a company that has strong ambitions and targets for sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. Please click on link** at the bottom of the page for further details on how DSV is working towards these targets.
- Be part of a company that has strong company values, to find out more about DSV, including our Values, click the link at the bottom of the page***.
- In addition, we can offer access to a selection of employee benefits, such as:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement from your start, which increases with length of service.
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra-Low Emissions Cars
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- WeCare App, for support with physical and mental wellbeing, including access to GPs for you and your dependents.
- LifeWorks app for access to cashback and discounts on high street and online brands.
- Life Insurance and which includes access to expert probate support.
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
We do not accept CV details from Recruitment Agencies unless DSV have engaged directly regarding the role requirements beforehand. If you are a Recruitment Agency, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
If you want to know a bit about DSV Careers, please see below****
Link*** - https://www.dsv.com/en/about-dsv
Link**** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMpG10Po3w
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.