Job Req Number: 63148
Time Type: Full Time
DSV Air & Sea currently have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager with flexible location with primary focus promoting DSV XPress international & domestic parcel delivery services
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services. We are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager based from one of our Air & Sea locations with flexible territory options
Main purpose of Job
- To win new business and work to agreed budget targets.
- To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business by closing the sale.
- Develop and maintain DSV Air & Sea services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company in accordance with company procedures, operational procedures, and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and ensuring the profit of the company.
- Actively promote and develop DSV XPress parcel services within a defined region.
- The job holder will also promote DSV Air & Sea and Solutions services offering clients “One DSV” Transport and Logistics solutions.
- Complete sales reports manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Calculate and submit courier tariff quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures. Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Liaise closely with Product Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Always maintain a high standard of personal presentation to enhance company profile.
- Provide statistics/analysis as defined/required.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and marketplace activity, reporting back any trends or developments
- 5+ year’s commercial sales experience with a strong focus in international parcel logistics services.
- Strong understanding of the international parcel market.
- Strong business development skills alongside relationship building skills.
- Prior connections in the industry so you can come in and ‘hit the ground running’.
- Self-starter, able to think quickly, plan and act independently
- A result orientated, hardworking, self- starter who has a good understanding of the parcel logistics industry with strong closing skills.
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
DSV has a principal goal to improve quality, health, safety and environmental sustainability with our community. All employees must make an active effort to continue the momentum towards minimising work-related injuries, illness and the possible impact on the environment. They are required to stay committed to provide the highest quality of work to colleagues and our clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the principles of our management system standards of work and approved working standards.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.