Job Req Number: 73049
It takes a special kind of drive to keep the world moving; and due to growth, DSV is looking to recruit. Please see the links* at the bottom the page, to find out more about DSV.
DSV are recruiting for Control Tower Specialist in Bristol.
- This is a hands-on operational role working in a multi modal environment. The role involves customer and supplier liaison, job execution and irregularity handling.
- The successful candidate will be trained on all QMS systems and GDP compliance.
- Receive bookings from Customers
- Review bookings for data accuracy and correct documentation
- Validate shipment routing against SOP and GDP guidelines
- Job allocation to appropriate logistics service providers
- Job invoicing
- Document production and reconciliation
Duties / Responsibilities
- Arrange collection from suppliers and deliveries to customers
- Liaise with external suppliers to monitor shipment progress
- Monitor and ensure timely and accurate updates of shipment milestones
- Monitor customs processes
- Irregularity handling and escalation as appropriate
- Proactive Customer Service
- Comply with Company policies and procedures
Skills and Competencies
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Document production
- Good attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Knowledge of Customs procedures
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Able to work in a team and individually
- Freight Forwarding or 4PL / LLP would be advantageous but not essential.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary Package and an opportunity to be a part of and grow within a driven and successful company, with a team of 75,000, operating in over 95+ countries.
- Be part of a company that has strong ambitions and targets for sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. Please click on link** at the bottom of the page for further details on how DSV is working towards these targets.
- Be part of a company that has strong company values, to find out more about DSV, including our Values, click the link at the bottom of the page***.
- In addition, we can offer access to a selection of employee benefits, such as:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement from your start, which increases with length of service.
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra-Low Emissions Cars
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- WeCare App, for support with physical and mental wellbeing, including access to GPs for you and your dependents.
- LifeWorks app for access to cashback and discounts on high street and online brands.
- Life Insurance and which includes access to expert probate support.
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
We do not accept CV details from Recruitment Agencies unless DSV have engaged directly regarding the role requirements beforehand. If you are a Recruitment Agency, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
If you want to know a bit about DSV Careers, please see below****
Link*** - https://www.dsv.com/en/about-dsv
Link**** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMpG10Po3w
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.