Job Req Number: 76591
Time Type: Full Time
It takes a special kind of drive to keep the world moving; and due to growth, DSV is looking to recruit. Please see the links* at the bottom the page, to find out more about DSV.
DSV are recruiting for Freight Forwarder, Ocean Export Gateway in Purfleet. This role will fully meet branch expectations for safe and efficient transport of their shipments to various worldwide destinations out the UK in accordance with company policy and procedures as well as statutory requirements.
- Take direct ownership of branch relationships and ensure all business is implemented successfully and communication to the business is of the highest level.
- Delivering an excellent standard of customer service is extremely important to this role.
- Use of Company In-House systems to complete Export documentation and operational processes.
- Organise operational workflow to meet timeframes.
- Communicate effectively with the branches to obtain relevant information and ensure their needs are met.
- Maintain strong relationships with core vendors
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Resolve branch issues and escalate where support is needed.
- Consolidation of freight to same destination with live load planning
- Analise market trends and make recommendations for improvements to meet changing needs
- Liaise with sub-contractors to arrange carriage of goods from various worldwide destinations.
- Complete all administration functions in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Cost and ensure all shipments have related costs and freight charges apportioned to each file
Skills and Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Good organization skills and effective time management
- Manage time effectively
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- IT Literate in Microsoft Office
- Problem solving
- Applicant would ideally have 2-3 years recent relevant industry experience with previous involvement in Worldwide Ocean Freight Exports incl consolidation
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary Package and an opportunity to be a part of and grow within a driven and successful company, with a team of 75,000, operating in over 95+ countries.
- Be part of a company that has strong ambitions and targets for sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. Please click on link** at the bottom of the page for further details on how DSV is working towards these targets.
- Be part of a company that has strong company values, to find out more about DSV, including our Values, click the link at the bottom of the page***.
- In addition, we can offer access to a selection of employee benefits, such as:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement from your start, which increases with length of service.
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra-Low Emissions Cars
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- WeCare App, for support with physical and mental wellbeing, including access to GPs for you and your dependents.
- LifeWorks app for access to cashback and discounts on high street and online brands.
- Life Insurance and which includes access to expert probate support.
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
We do not accept CV details from Recruitment Agencies unless DSV have engaged directly regarding the role requirements beforehand. If you are a Recruitment Agency, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
If you want to know a bit about DSV Careers, please see below****
Link*** - https://www.dsv.com/en/about-dsv
Link**** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMpG10Po3w
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.