Job Req Number: 63694
Time Type: Full Time
DSV Road Ltd, Purfleet are looking for a Freight Forwarder (Transport Planner) within one of our Export Planning Departments.
The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality as well as profit making.
The successful candidate, who will be reporting to the Operations Manager, will be responsible for trailer planning to one or more Eastern European, Central European or Western European countries. Groupage, part load and full load transports will be in scope.
The applicant must have good financial awareness, organised and punctual, good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in international trailer planning.
We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled planning team and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure.
Main purpose of Job:
The main part of the job is to plan groupage, part loads and full load consignments from the UK to Europe. This includes sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with DSV offices abroad and colleagues within the UK, all whilst identifying and utilizing opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover. The right candidate must, above all, possess a “can do” attitude.
- Export trailer planning of groupage, part load and full loads
- Combining part loads with groupage to ensure the service level expected by customers are met, but at the same time ensure cost effective transports are arranged
- Deal with customs issues
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
- Liaise with other DSV offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Prepare correct documentation and instruct the UK warehouses to load cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met
- Instruct UK customs teams to issue customs papers
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures
- In conjunction with other colleagues, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources available
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
What we can offer you:
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
- Potential yearly bonus based on company result and attendance
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 09.00 – 17.00 hrs Monday to Friday
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.