Job Req Number: 76969
Due to a growth in volumes a position as a Central Export Planner (Italy, Austria & Switzerland) has become available at DSV Road Ltd, Purfleet.
The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and profit making.
The successful candidate, who will be reporting to the department supervisor, will be responsible for arranging full load, part load & groupage cargo, assisting to build up our volumes on the Italian, Austrian & Swiss Markets.
The position will consist of a mix of operational tasks as well as administrational and commercial responsibilities.
The applicant must have good financial awareness, organised and punctual, good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in transport as well as sourcing one-way hauliers.
We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to our already highly skilled team in DSV and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To operate our UK export Cargo to Austria, Switzerland & Italy using a mix of own trailers and one-way subcontractors. Work together with our sales teams and the rest of our organisation to grow the full load segment and to find the most competitive solution in accordance with our customers’ requirements.
Be involved in quoting both spot prices as well as tenders for medium size and larger customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To arrange full load, part load & groupage transports by means of various transport modes - road, rail and short sea and agree prices where no tariff exists in order to maximise cost effectiveness
- Arrange full load transports using standard curtain trailers, temperature-controlled trailers, and “out of gauge” cargo equipment
- To provide high service level within the agreed service schedule and to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are an approved supplier and fulfil any legal requirements.
- Liaise and network with other DSV offices in the UK and abroad to generate new full load volumes
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.