Job Req Number: 70486
Time Type: Full Time
*THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED FROM ANY OF OUR SITES IN HARWICH, PURFLEET OR IPSWICH*
Salary Range: £55-60k
DSV, headquartered in Denmark, is one of the largest transportation and logistics companies, providing logistics services to some of the world’s top brands. Our legal workflow reflects the varied and increasingly sophisticated needs of our commercial teams and customers in the various sectors that we serve. So, if you are looking for a role with plenty of variety and a fast-paced environment then this may be the job for you.
We are looking to expand our team with a new in-house Legal Counsel located in the UK. As Legal Counsel you will report to the Manager, Senior Legal Counsel for the region and share in the responsibilities of providing in-house legal support to all of our UK and Ireland divisions. You will also be a part of a larger international network of some 75 lawyers supporting our global business. .
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting local UK and Ireland management and business/sales teams with legal advice and assistance especially on material legal matters pertaining to the freight forwarding and logistics industries, as well as ensuring compliance with applicable law and DSV Group policies;
- Reviewing and negotiating of commercial/customer contracts and/or contractual terms.
- Corporate house-keeping matters and the provision of company advice.
- Providing legal support and counsel regarding material claims and/or litigation, including engaging and instructing external legal counsel, as necessary.
- Legal reporting and documentation management.
The successful candidate should:
- Be a fully qualified lawyer/solicitor in England or Ireland
- Have at least 2 to 3 years PQE as in-house legal counsel or solicitor in private practice with a reputable law firm.
- Have a sound commercial law background and training.
- Ideally, have knowledge of, and experience with, the transportation, freight forwarding and logistics industry.
- Have a professional demeanour and good drafting and communication skills.
- Have a well-organised approach to work and attention to detail; and
- Have an ability to meet deadlines and follow company guidelines.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to expand your experience in a truly international, world-class company where your everyday work is both varied and full of professional challenges, with wide opportunities for constant professional and personal development.
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- The opportunity to be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- A competitive salary
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.