Job Req Number: 74299
Time Type: Full Time
Stock and System Manager
It takes a special kind of drive to keep the world moving; and due to growth, DSV is looking to recruit. Please click on the link here to get see more about DSV.
DSV are recruiting for Stock and System Manager at Stoke. This role will oversee the control measures of our stock inventory. You will be analysing supply chain data to ensure stock availability, stock efficiency of placement within the warehouse to meet customer forecasts, whilst managing a small team.
To ensure success as a stock Manager, you should possess extensive knowledge of inventory management and experience in a related industry. An accomplished stock Manager will be someone whose expertise translates into optimally maintained stock levels.
- Coordinating stock control operations with warehouse staff, as well as office departments.
- Analyzing supply chain data to ensure the uninterrupted availability of stock.
- Evaluating vendors and suppliers’ offers and negotiating profitable purchase prices.
- You will have a 'hands-on’ approach to ensure staff are trained and driven to operate within the stock team in an effective and efficient way
- Placing and receiving orders to replenish stocks as needed.
- Tracking shipments and coordinating internal stock transfers, as well as resolving delays.
- Overseeing stock storage processes, including tagging, boxing, and labelling.
- Maintaining a steady flow of stock from storage to where it is needed.
- Performing regular inventory audits.
- Delivering store key performance indicators to achieve targets set as agreed with your manager and customer
- The training, discipline and motivation of all staff, ensuring that there is always sufficient staff cover.
Skills and Competencies
- A minimum of two years' experience as a stock Supervisor in a similar industry.
- Proficiency in inventory management software.
- Excellent Microsoft Office capability, in particular excel
- In-depth knowledge of inventory management principles and best practices.
- Extensive experience in supply chain data analysis.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb negotiation, collaboration, and communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of communicating effectively to the team and work closely with other internal Managers to ensure the effective operation of the warehouse function.
- Have a dynamic nature and be very hands on.
- Be loyalty and committed to the role and Company
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary Package and an opportunity to be a part of and grow within a driven and successful company, with a team of 75,000, operating in over 95+ countries.
- Be part of a company that has strong ambitions and targets for sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. For further details on how DSV is working towards these targets, please see here.
- Be part of a company that has strong company values, to find out more about DSV, including our Values, click here.
- In addition, we can offer access to a selection of employee benefits, such as:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement from your start, which increases with length of service.
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra-Low Emissions Cars
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- WeCare App, for support with physical and mental wellbeing, including access to GPs for you and your dependents.
- LifeWorks app for access to cashback and discounts on high street and online brands.
- Life Insurance and which includes access to expert probate support.
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
If you want to know a bit about DSV Careers, please click on the link here.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.