Job Req Number: 74910
Time Type: Full Time
Operations Assistant - Customs
It takes a special kind of drive to keep the world moving; and due to growth, DSV is looking to recruit. Please click on the link here to get see more about DSV.
Working as a Operations Assistant- Customs you will be ensuring import and export clearance is completed with customs warehousing being maintained for an Excise warehousing customer.
This position offers a unique opportunity to understand the import and export sector from a logistics perspective. An Operations Assistant, Customs will be completing import and export entries within customs software and maintaining a customs warehouse on behalf of our customers.
The job of the Operations Assistant, Customs is a very important role within the Solutions division working on behalf of our customs warehousing customers, this role can lead into other roles within both the customs and logistics industries.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Handling imports clearance from start to finish
- Import clearance via any mode of transport
- Communication with external suppliers and government bodies
- Operationally handle all import shipments on our in house system
- Operationally handle all export shipments on our in house system
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Support commercial awareness and management team
- Support and assist colleagues in other departments
- Ensure customs compliance is maintained
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of import freight procedures
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft office
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Flexible approach and attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team is essential
- Sound Educational background
- Excellent organisational skills including record keeping
- Problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of customs warehousing
- Good knowledge of CNS/Destin8/CCS
- Good knowledge of UK Trade Tariff
- Workable knowledge of customs procedures
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary Package and an opportunity to be a part of and grow within a driven and successful company, with a team of 75,000, operating in over 95+ countries.
- Be part of a company that has strong ambitions and targets for sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. For further details on how DSV is working towards these targets, please see here.
- Be part of a company that has strong company values, to find out more about DSV, including our Values, click here.
- In addition, we can offer access to a selection of employee benefits, such as:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement from your start, which increases with length of service.
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra-Low Emissions Cars
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- WeCare App, for support with physical and mental wellbeing, including access to GPs for you and your dependents.
- LifeWorks app for access to cashback and discounts on high street and online brands.
- Life Insurance and which includes access to expert probate support.
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
If you want to know a bit about DSV Careers, please click on the link here.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.