Job Req Number: 70506
Time Type: Full Time
It takes a special kind of drive to keep the world moving; and due to growth, DSV is looking to recruit. Please see the links* at the bottom the page, to find out more about DSV.
DSV are recruiting for a Pricing Analyst in Belfast. This role will be quoting our UK clients as well as our overseas offices and agents. You will at the same time be working closely with our UK offices, client retention and sales team to win new business to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their quotation requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions
- Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Collect pricing with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision
- Organizing workflow and ensuring colleagues understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitoring colleagues productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
Skills and Competencies
- Operational knowledge / background in Air, Ocean or both
- Good analytical skills
- Preferably Dangerous Goods knowledge
- Commercial knowledge or background
- Experience in negotiating with vendors
- Dealing with and maintaining data quality
- KPI Aware and problem solving
- Team player
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary Package and an opportunity to be a part of and grow within a driven and successful company, with a team of 75,000, operating in over 95+ countries.
- Be part of a company that has strong ambitions and targets for sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. Please click on link** at the bottom of the page for further details on how DSV is working towards these targets.
- Be part of a company that has strong company values, to find out more about DSV, including our Values, click the link at the bottom of the page***.
- In addition, we can offer access to a selection of employee benefits, such as:
- Enhanced Annual Leave Entitlement from your start, which increases with length of service.
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme for Ultra-Low Emissions Cars
- Salary Sacrifice Cycle Scheme
- WeCare App, for support with physical and mental wellbeing, including access to GPs for you and your dependents.
- LifeWorks app for access to cashback and discounts on high street and online brands.
- Life Insurance and which includes access to expert probate support.
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
We do not accept CV details from Recruitment Agencies unless DSV have engaged directly regarding the role requirements beforehand. If you are a Recruitment Agency, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
If you want to know a bit about DSV Careers, please see below****
Link*** - https://www.dsv.com/en/about-dsv
Link**** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMpG10Po3w
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.