Job Req Number: 64758
Time Type: Full Time
JOB PURPOSE / SUMMARY
We are looking for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join the team, with experience in a fast-paced, high volume warehouse operation. You must be hands on as the majority of your time will be on the warehouse floor to ensure orders are picked accurately, in full and on time, which at times will involve you picking, checking and loading vehicles.
Reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will be working with other Warehouse shift managers in being responsible for the day-to-day running of the warehouse operations. You will manage staff in this distribution environment and be capable of managing and motivating a team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure orders are picked and loaded in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- You will have a 'hands-on’ approach to ensure staff are trained and driven to operate in an effective and efficient way.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all correct documentation received and produced is accurate and processed with the right departments in a timely manner.
- Manage the stock movement &inventory in the warehouse to ensure internal systems are accurate and stock is managed, packed and shipped correctly.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicles and work with the staff to ensure the stock has been securely fastened.
- Quality check all products for inbound and outbound and will also liaise with internal and external customers to ensure the warehouse service operates in a safe and efficient way.
- Delivering consistent high standards within the warehouse.
- Managing routine procedures whilst ensuring that all policies are adhered to.
- Delivering store key performance indicators to achieve targets set as agreed with your manager.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Manage, lead and develop the team to deliver high performance.
- Maintain H&S and fire regulations.
- Ensure the security procedures are followed by all employees and updated as required.
- Ensure that customer service is at the forefront of your decision making by having effective plans in place, encouraging the right culture, and challenging the team to improve service standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and colleagues using feedback to improve service and satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate with third parties both internal and external.
- The training, discipline and motivation of all staff, ensuring that there is always sufficient staff cover.
- Monitoring attendance, time keeping, performance.
- As a key holder you will participate in an on-call rota with other Managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours and will be required to comply with security requirements when opening and locking the store.
- Have experience in a distribution environment and have proven management skills
- Have an excellent understanding of good customer service and will take ownership of issues/complaints with customers and staff to manage the appropriate resolutions, formally and informally.
- Be proactive and able to manage their time effectively, in a calm manner, in a highly pressurised and demanding environment.
- Hold a forklift license (Reach)
- Capable of communicating effectively to the team and work closely with other internal Managers to ensure the effective operation of the warehouse function.
- Have a dynamic nature and be very hands on.
- Be loyal and committed to the role and Company.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrable experience of running a warehouse,
- Previous management experience with the ability to manage and motivate others
- Previous experience of inventory control
- A full understanding of the requirements of running a warehouse, such as health and safety and security requirements to include certification of dangerous goods handling
- A warehouse or distribution qualification would be advantageous
- Forklift Truck licence may be required
ABOUT DSV CAREERS
Do you want to be part of something 55,000 times bigger than you?
That’s how many colleagues you’ll have on a journey towards connecting the world and making your mark.
We believe that people are able to achieve their potential if they take ownership of their own career. That’s why we’ll give you every opportunity to do just that.
People are at the core of who we are - the drive, talent and devotion they bring to the table every day are what make DSV the exciting place it is. It’s a dynamic and fast-moving environment with rapid decisions at every level – where ambition meets teamwork in an effort to face challenges, succeed, move forward and make a difference. We care about your opportunity to influence the path of your career, whether you want to advance locally or look for adventures abroad. With a massive global reach and offices in more than 80 countries, the opportunities are plenty.
If you have the right drive, the right talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore the reach of your potential.
We are freight forwarders, salespeople, accountants, forklift drivers, IT engineers, specialists and countless others – and we all made the choice to forward our careers.
Join us and forward your career at DSV.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.