Job Req Number: 71606
Time Type: Full Time
To Handle and dispatch cargo in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements.
- Load/transfer cargo onto vehicle, storing and packing in accordance with any specified instructions or customer requirements, and without damage
- Inspect cargo condition, complete necessary paperwork/app reporting any damage and discrepancies.
- Unload cargo in a safe manner ensuring no damage, and in accordance with customer requirements.
- Assess condition of vehicle to be loaded to ensure it is safe and suitable for its purpose.
- Ensure all relevant administration procedures are followed and completed.
- Work within Health and Safety regulations as well as within those stated in IMDG/ADR requirements, notify/take action where necessary.
- Comply with all legislation/requirements on all cargo types, in particular hazardous cargo
- Ensure that checks are carried out on the vehicle to company and statutory requirements, advising supervisor/operator of any faults and checking that reported faults are rectified.
- Operate vehicle in a legal, safe, responsible, and considerate manner and ensure driver documents including tachograph are processed in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
- Fulfil company policy on security and quality. Maintain a good working environment in a safe and tidy manner.
- Ensure all information pertaining to collections and deliveries are updated to the relevant IT system, and any deviations are reported to the office.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate must have an EC license
- Good communication skills and be customer focused.
- ADR training advantageous.
- Flexibility regarding shifts as required including weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
What We Offer:
- A role in a successful, dynamic company and industry leading company.
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues.
- Competitive salary and great future career prospects for advancement.
- A professional working environment.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.