Job Req Number: 71208
Time Type: Full Time
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Based in Naas, Co Kildare the BDM will be expected to win new business and work to agreed budget targets. The BDM will strengthen the market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and securing new business.
You will develop and maintain DSV Healthcare services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company in accordance with company procedures, operational procedures and statutory, GDP requirements, including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and ensuring the profit of the company.
- Actively promote and develop DSV Healthcare’s services.
- The job holder will mainly focus on DSV Healthcare offering within the Warehouse & Road services but also Air & Sea under our “ONEDSV” approach.
- Complete sales reports manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system (Dynamics).
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments, including the Healthcare branch and the Quality & Healthcare Implementation team in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve agreed targets as agreed with the Sales Director.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including GDP & the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Liaise closely with Market Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company profile.
- Provide statistics/analysis as defined/required.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of GDP, competition, and marketplace activity, reporting back any trends or developments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ work-related experience
- GDP knowledge and preferably GDP trained
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
We do not accept CV details from Recruitment Agencies unless DSV have engaged directly regarding the role requirements beforehand.
If you are a Recruitment Agency, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.