Job Req Number: 74742
Time Type: Full Time
SRE / DevOps Engineer for Hybrid Computing Platform
Want to make your expertise on DevOps, reliability and automated IT count?
Then join us to help shape the private and public cloud landscape of an expanding international company. Here, you get to explore the latest techs within your field as part of a brand-new team in our Hybrid Computing Platform department.
“We have a major focus on automation and its future possibilities, so you can look forward to becoming a key player within an important and rapidly changing area,” says Product Manager Roberto Marini.
We are building a new hybrid platform
At DSV, we are well underway with building our new hybrid computing platform for both public and private clouds. Joining this endeavour, you will become part of the Hybrid Computing Platform (HCP) department in Global IT.
Doing so, you will join 50 colleagues disbursed across various specialist teams, and you will get to join either our Database team, our Event Streaming team or our Observability team. Here, you will develop and maintain the HCP platform, working with either MongoDB & PostgreSQL, Kafka or the ELK stack.
Regardless of which team you become part of, you can be sure to experience a dynamic environment where teamwork and collaboration flourish.
“We’re still in the early stages of setting the team, so you and your new colleagues will be instrumental in defining how we operate,” Roberto explains.
Automate our processes in an agile set-up
As SRE, you will step into the role of infrastructure and automation expert. This means that you will design and create solutions as well as take part in architecture and tech stack discussions on a daily basis.
More specifically, you will be in charge of ensuring that all operations are automated. Thus, you will scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of services and proactively identify and address systems reliability risks.
You will do so in a dynamic work environment with an agile set-up and methodology using state-of-the-art technologies.
Your key tasks include:
• Automating processes to streamline operations
• Ensuring the reliability, availability, and scalability of our products
• Collaborating with specialists, SMEs, and stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
• Monitoring and analysing system performance to identify areas for improvement
• Developing and maintaining documentation for system architecture, processes, and procedures
• Working with automation systems
• On a rotational on call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24x7 coverage.
Automation experience and plenty of curiosity
You are driven by curiosity, both professionally and personally and eager to explore the world of open-source and automation even further. Also, you are known for your open, honest and informal manner, always feeling ready to share your insights with your peers. And of course, structure is your middle name.
• Have a degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
• Have hands-on experience as a DevOps engineer, site reliability engineer, or similar
• Have knowledge of OpenStack, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker
• Have knowledge of automation tools like Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Azure DevOps and ArgoCD
• Know how to build and maintain code to deploy and operate MongoDB & PostgreSQL
• Know your way around programming and scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy)
• Have hands-on experience with the Agile methodology (e.g., SAFe, Scrum) and its management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
• Speak and write English flawlessly
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Hiring Manager Rahul Parab on +45 8193 9366.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.