Job Req Number: 75456
Time Type: Full Time
Are you ready to continue your career as manager and primary source of in-house legal counsel and support for the business divisions of a global company in Italy?
The DSV group, headquartered in Denmark, is one of the biggest transport and logistics companies in the world, with more than 75.000 dedicated employees. We are now looking to expand our team with a new in-house Manager, Senior Legal Counsel in Italy.
You will join a global and determined group driven forward by the desire to grow. The tone of DSV as a company is informal and decision-making procedures are short. You will be part of a dynamic group, which is characterized by dedication and experience.
Your position will be within DSV Group Legal, with reference to the Assistant General Counsel – Europe West, and you will manage a small legal team that serves as the first local point of contact for all material legal queries and matters pertaining to the freight forwarding and logistics businesses of DSV in Italy.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- management of a small (1-3 persons) legal/compliance team, including other in-house legal counsel;
- supporting local Italy management and business/sales teams with legal advice and assistance on material legal matters pertaining to the freight forwarding and logistics industries, as well as in ensuring compliance with applicable law and DSV Group policies;
- reviewing and negotiating of customer/commercial/real estate contracts and/or contractual terms (e.g. in respect of tenders);
- providing legal support and counsel regarding material claims and/or litigation and reporting to and liaising with DSV global headquarters in respect of such claims/litigation;
- engaging and instructing external legal counsel, as necessary (including but not limited to in respect of material claims/litigation), in coordination with local, regional and divisional management;
- providing legal support in respect of corporate law matters and general corporate regulatory housekeeping;
- dealings with local authorities (including but not limited to customs and police authorities) on matters of material legal and regulatory importance, as necessary;
- monitoring of and advising upon changes in industry-applicable local legislation/regulations;
- regular internal reporting on legal and claims/litigation matters.
The successful candidate should:
- have obtained a university degree in Law and be a fully qualified lawyer in Italy;
- have at least 5 years’ post qualification working experience as either in-house legal counsel or attorney in private practice with a reputable law firm, preferably in the areas of commercial contracts/transactions, general corporate law, and/or regulatory compliance;
- have at least 2-5 years’ prior experience managing more junior legal/compliance staff;
- have excellent business/legal level language ability in English and Italian;
- ideally, have knowledge of, and experience with, the transportation, freight forwarding and logistics industry.
As a person, you:
- have a strong personality to stand your ground;
- are able to confidently advise and work with colleagues at all levels of the Italy management and business organization, as well as the DSV regional and global structure;
- have good people management skills;
- have a professional demeanour and good negotiating skills;
- have a highly structured approach to work, attention to detail and a focus on quality as well as deadlines.
We offer you
The opportunity to expand your experience in a truly international, world-class company whose philosophy is that your everyday work should be both varied and full of professional challenges; with wide opportunities for constant professional and personal development.
The management of DSV Group Legal respects the balance between working and home life, and we appreciate dedication and the will to grow with the department and the Group.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.