Job Req Number: 73061
Time Type: Full Time
- Support the Pricing & Trade Lane strategy and execute the pricing strategy for branch.
- Develop expansion of the targeted trade lanes (volumes, revenues and gross profit)
- Generate required reports and share market information with Pricing Manager.
- Interlock between Product and Commercial for any matters concerning rates and market information.
- Give full visibility of proposed selling rates & provide general support to Product and Commercial to ensure profitable new business growth on RFI/RFP/RFQ.
- Coordination of data gathering with internal and external parties.
- Challenge and validate the proposed Rates from overseas stations.
- Maintenance of buy/sell rates in alignment with Product and Commercial.
- Participate in carrier/vendor meetings
- Execute against Procurement Strategy
- Full compliance with Carriers and Procurement Strategy
- Source and attend to rates request from Product and Commercial teams pertaining to Seafreight / Transportation / other Sea related services.
- Rates negotiation, maintenance and distribution to relevant parties.
- Participate quarterly performance review meetings with carriers/vendors
- Negotiate master conditions and ensure best possible ocean rates including charges closely linked to the Seafreight transport, capacity and service agreements and related incentives
- Develop and maintain contract standards
- Ensure that capacity agreements are maintained in the respective systems
- Provide pricing support to Regional Product organizations
- Create and maintain buying rate visibility by implementing rate database with company standard
- Control/monitor adherence of procurement to agreed procurement standards
- Delivering a high performing service culture
- Keep abreast of industry changes, carrier/market situations and customer requirements; and update/share with Pricing manager, respective branch/regional Product and Commercial colleagues accordingly
- Establish and maintain a working rapport with Country/Branch management / Commercial / Product by providing expertise and education in capacity, pricing and product management
- Diploma in Business Administration/Economics/Logistics or freight forwarding apprenticeship
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience either on the forwarder or carrier side
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Microsoft® Office Software (Word, PowerPoint and others)
- Knowledge of the Seafreight industry
- Operational know-how (Customer- & Operational Service functions)
- Local laws and regulations
- Overall understanding of business processes and interdependencies
- Meticulous, independent and able to perform under pressure
- Able to multi-task, set priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- Able to handle difficult situations amicably
- Willing to learn and share knowledge with the team
- Good integrity and credibility
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.