Job Req Number: 72257
Time Type: Full Time
BSS Control Tower BSA – Commercial Services
Surname / Name:
Department / Location:
MNL ISSC - Business Support Services Control Tower
Business Support Services CT Team Leader
Purpose of the role
Last revision date:
Business Support Assistant is responsible for Control Tower Commercial related activities such as – providing freight rates for spot quotation, assist sales team in management of awarded shipments and generation / submission of reports directly to the customers. He / She must ensure the highest quality of service for control tower processes which includes compliance to KPI – Quality, Timeliness and Utilization / Productivity. He / She is expected to proactively communicate issues identified with the process and provide improvement suggestions. He/ she should support the team leader in meeting the KPIs and comply to directives.
Key Tasks & Deliverables
- Provides freight rates for spot shipments
- Attend to all spot quotation related mails making sure that the shipment will be awarded.
- Update nominated system and tracker accurately and in timely manner
- Generates commercial reports and provides analysis based on the SOP or work instruction.
- Assist in report development based on the requirement of the customer.
- Proactively advises any discrepancies in the report especially those that cannot be fixed by our end.
- Respond to related queries.
- Report irregularities as per SOP and Global KPI. Perform proper escalation when necessary.
- Promotes and initiates process improvement. Active participation on projects that may lead to process efficiency.
- Individual Performance to meet/exceed expectations as defined in the SLA
- Supports the Supervisor/Manager in meeting the set KPIs.
- Work under the direction of a Team Leader
- For Specialist, he/she is expected to assist new team members during their training, be able to handle more complex tasks, be able to respond to issues and assist the team lead in managing the team towards meeting the team’s KPIs
- Adapt to DSV MNL ISSC culture and perform in line with the Values/behaviors defined
- To be a DSV ambassador, and Support Team members for their queries/clarifications
- To own personal development in line with DSV's performance review process
- Follow given directions and perform assigned duties.
- Perform assigned tasks to support DSV meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment as documented in IMS and follow all requirements as set out in the QHSE policy.
- Team Player and willing to be assigned on a different team or operating hours should there be a business need.
- Performing all the above tasks in a professional manner, in accordance with the rules, procedures, instructions and regulations in force in the Company, in accordance with the organizational culture applicable in the Company
- Perform other tasks assigned by his or her superior.
Education and Skills
- Freight-forwarding / logistics education is an advantage.
- Knowledge in different transport management system is an advantage.
- Exposure on Sales and Commercial process is an advantage
- For Billing issuance process, experience is similar tasks is an advantage
- Good Know How in MS-Office (Outlook /Excel – Intermediate to advanced)
- Good Know How in web-based applications / Internet
- Quick comprehension and focused work
- Resilience, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Accurate and reliable working method
- Ability to work in a team & good interpersonal skills
- Openness and flexibility in meeting customer demands / service attitude
- Ability to cooperate with various units in DSV (ISSC and Local Teams)
Date / Signature Employee
Date / Signature Line Manager
Date / Signature Matrix Manager
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.
Visit dsv.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.