Job Req Number: 74155
Time Type: Full Time
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Incident Manager to join our organization. As an incident Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of Incident response and resolution within our company. You will play a critical role in ensuring the timely and effective handling of incidents to minimize business impact and restore services quickly. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in incident management, excellent leadership and communications skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Incident Response Management:
- Lead and coordinate the end-to-end management of incidents, ensuring timely resolution and minimal disruption to business operations.
- Establish and enforce incident management processes, procedures, and best practices to ensure consistency and efficiency in incident response.
- Assess the severity and impact of incidents, prioritize response efforts, and best practices to ensure consistency and efficiency in incident response.
- Assess the severity and impact of incidents, prioritize response efforts, and allocate resources accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including executives, technical teams, and end-users, to provide updates on incident status, progress, and resolution plans.
- Conduct post-incident reviews to identify root causes, areas for improvement, and preventive measures to avoid future incidents.
2. Incident Escalation and Coordination:
-Serve as the central point of contact for all incident-related communications and escalations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT support, infrastructure, development, and operations teams, to ensure prompt and effective incident resolution.
-Facilitate regular communication and coordination among stakeholders during incident response, including organizing conference calls, meetings, and follow-up actions.
3. Incident Reporting and Documentation:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of incidents, including detailed incident logs, status updates, and post-incident reports.
- Maintain a comprehensive incident knowledge base, capturing incident details, resolutions, and lessons learned for future and continuous improvement.
- Analyze incident trends and patterns to identify recurring issues, potential problem areas, and opportunities for proactive prevention.
4. Continuous improvement:
-Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance incident management processes, tools, and capabilities.
-Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement automation opportunities to streamline incident response and resolution.
-Stay up to date with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends related to incident management and response.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in IT service management.
- Previous experience in a role such as IT support, Network operations, or System administration can be beneficial.
- Proven experience in incident management and response.
- Experience working with ITIL or other service management frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage stressful situations.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understanding of IT systems, networks, and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of incident management and service management tools (ServiceNow).
- Familiarity with system monitoring tools. (Like SCOM & SolarWinds)
- Good understanding of CMDB
- ITIL foundation certification is highly preferable, with further ITIL certification (such as ITIL service operation) being a plus.
- Certifications in relevant IT fields (like CompTIA, Network+, CompTIA Security+, and CISSP) can be beneficial.
- Willing to work on a shifting schedule (24/7) including Weekends and Holidays.
- Willing to work in the office at least 3x times per week.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.