Job Req Number: 69333
Time Type: Full Time
IT Application Packaging Specialist
Would you like to expand your knowledge and work as an IT application packaging specialist in one of the biggest IT environments in the world?
Are you interested in:
- Working with a high degree of professional freedom.
- Contributing to a wide range of projects and global applications.
- Supporting an IT application monitoring environment with more than 60 000 users globally and a wide range of business applications.
Contribute to Projects and provide 3rd level support
As a IT Application Packaging Specialist, you will be responsible for application lifecycle management for hundreds of applications and colleagues around the globe and participate in project work, e.g. managing applications lifetime (from application intake until retire), taking care updating of existing applications in the company, troubleshooting application packages as well as participating in the implementation and support of Java-based applications.
Doing so, you collaborate closely with technology architects, IT service owners, our vendors and the other application specialists in your team. You will get to:
- Maintain and build our IT application environment to meet the requirements of the individual projects as well as our global IT infrastructure.
- Keep track of all applications in company portfolio.
- Troubleshooting and 3rd Line support of application packages.
- Technical support during analysis, design, and implementation of java-related projects.
- Successful updates of existing java-based applications in Citrix environment and on individual workstations.
- Creating / maintaining software technical application documentation.
- Participate in daily Application Services team calls.
- Participate in applications related meeting as well as in the calls with the Service Owners and Vendors.
IT specialist with strong communication skills
With your creative thinking and specialist knowledge, you have an IT background and would like to move in to IT Application Services to become a specialist within your field. As an independent and dedicated problem solver, you go the extra mile to find the best solution – building it end-to-end if need be – and you always stay up to date on your projects. Moreover, your ability to navigate in different work cultures helps you manage an international mix of stakeholders.
- SCCM and Citrix Software distribution.
- Create, update and deploy application packages – MSI & EXE, App-V, other.
- Troubleshoot problems with existing software packages.
- Successful updates of existing java-based applications in Citrix environment and on individual workstations
- Handle tickets.
- Debug applications using support tools.
- Participate in multiple projects.
- Maintain developer environment used for building the applications.
- Manage ad-hoc INC related to the applications.
- Create PowerShell scripts.
- You have 2-3 years of hands-on experience on a similar position building, maintaining and administrating various IT Application technologies, preferably products like SCCM, AppV, MDT and Citrix.
- Advanced experience with MSI & EXE technology.
- Advanced experience with Application Virtualization technology (App-V 5.1).
- Intermediate knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server 2016&2019, Windows 10.
- Advanced Powershell scripting skills.
- Intermediate experience with troubleshooting tools (i.e. Sysinternals Suite, PACE Suite).
- Practical knowledge of MDT (image creation) will be nice to have.
- Familiar with administration of java environment (such as deployment rule set, exception site list, certificates, java command line switches).
- Familiar with Troubleshooting java-based applications.
- Familiar with developing java applications will be nice to have.
- Familiar with troubleshooting java-based application will be nice to have.
- Familiar of decompiled java code will be nice to have.
- You have English language - fluent both written and spoken.
- You have strong communication skills towards all levels of an organization.
- You are Team Player – assist the Team in given tasks when necessary.
- You are structured and able to work with deadlines.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.