Job Req Number: 74661
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK "APPLY" BUTTON AFTER SAVING YOUR PROFILE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS.
Are you ready to explore the realm of automated IT? And do you want to ensure high availability and performance in our Elasticsearch cluster?
Then join us to shape the private and public cloud landscape of an expanding international company. Here, you get to explore the latest techs as part of a brand-new team within our Hybrid Computing Platform department.
Welcome to the Observability team
At DSV, we are well underway with building our new hybrid platform for both public and private clouds. Joining this endeavour, you will become part of the Hybrid Computing Platform (HCP) department in Global IT.
The department consists of a wide range of teams, and you will be joining our newly established Observability team. This infrastructure product team consists of you, a product owner, a technology architect, and other specialists. Together, you will ensure that infrastructure products are developed, published, and maintained.
“We’re still in the early stages of setting the team, so you and your new colleagues will be instrumental in defining how we operate,” says Product Manager Roberto Marini.
Help shape our observability platform
As our observability specialist, your main task will be to provide an observability platform where logs and metrics can be visualised in an efficient way. Thus, you will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining different products from the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana).
Stepping into a dynamic work environment with an agile set-up, you will:
• Install and configure Elastic products, Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash using ECK Operator – Elastic on Kubernetes
• Manage and maintain a large Elasticsearch cluster
• Monitor and troubleshoot issues with the Elasticsearch cluster
• Create and maintain Kibana visualisations and dashboards
• Work with development teams to integrate Logstash with various data sources
• Optimise the Elasticsearch cluster performance and scalability
• Stay up to date with new Elasticsearch releases and features
• On a rotational on call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24x7 coverage
Experience with ELK Stack
You are a team player, but not afraid to challenge those around you. In addition, you thrive in an international environment, have excellent problem-solving and debugging skills – and of course, you have a solid understanding of search and data analysis concepts.
Also, we imagine that you:
• Have a degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
• Have experience with Elasticsearch data monitoring, troubleshooting, modelling and indexing
• Have experience with private and public cloud computing platforms (OpenStack, Azure, GCP)
• Have knowledge of containerisation technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
• Have experience with automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, and ArgoCD
• Know your way around programming and scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy)
• Know how to build and maintain code to deploy and operate ELK Stack
• Have hands-on experience with the Agile methodology (e.g., SAFe, Scrum) and its management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
• Speak and write English flawlessly
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.