Job Req Number: 76719
Time Type: Full Time
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK "APPLY" BUTTON AFTER SAVING YOUR PROFILE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS.
Do you know your way around solar PV, battery energy storage, and truck charging? And would you like to oversee the efficient functioning, maintenance, and planning of key energy assets at DSV?
Join us to play a key role in our undertaking to electrify a large part of our business. As our new subject matter expert on power plant performance, you get to directly impact the acceleration of the decarbonisation in DSV and thereby the transportation and logistics sector as a whole.
"You’ll get the opportunity to build something more or less from the ground up, benefiting from our entrepreneurial spirit. In daily life, it means there’s not far from thought to action,” explains DSV Energy Director Rasa Krutulyte-Ørsted.
JOIN DSV ENERGY – AN ORGANISATION WITHIN OUR ORGANISATION
Based at Hedehusene, Denmark, you will join our brand new DSV Energy department which is dedicated to the electrification of DSV in an endeavour to make our business greener. The new team is responsible for developing a new, more sustainable energy infrastructure within DSV. This goal is achieved through, among other things, the construction of substantial charging installations for trucks and the implementation of megawatt-scale rooftop photovoltaic (PV) systems on our warehouses, enabling us to generate our own energy.
In Horsens, Denmark, we are currently constructing a 36 MWp rooftop PV facility alongside an 8 MWh battery energy storage system (BESS). Simultaneously, in Landskrona, Sweden, we are in the process of developing a 14 MWp rooftop PV system coupled with a 6 MWh BESS.
“We’re a small team of energy experts but our work carries a lot of impact. And we collaborate closely even though we have different areas of responsibility,” says Rasa.
OVERSEE THE MANAGEMENT OF KEY RENEWABLE ENERGY ASSETS
In this role, you will lead energy asset maintenance, monitoring, and performance at DSV. Your key responsibilities include developing and implementing strategies to optimise power plant performance, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and managing day-to-day operations across DSV locations.
Reporting to the DSV Energy Director, you will analyse operational data, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and identify opportunities for operational improvements and cost savings.
Tasks in your first year involve:
- Setting up operational KPIs
- Setting up SCADA data analyses for diagnostics
- Developing recommendations for maintenance improvements
- Establishing a control room
- Establishing Service Level Agreements for planned maintenance
- Developing solutions for commercial truck charging operations
A BACKGROUND IN SOLAR PV AND ENERGY STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
Ideally, you possess a strong background in solar PV and energy storage technologies, and you are passionate about O&M. Most importantly, you have a structured approach to tasks and your great communication skills are complemented by your capacity to make clear decisions.
MOREOVER, WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- Bring at least a bachelor’s degree in renewable energy, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering
- Have 5+ years of experience in operations management within the renewable energy industry
- Have in-depth knowledge of battery energy storage technologies, control systems, solar PV, and electric vehicle charging – experience in wind power is a bonus
- Have working experience with operations KPIs/reporting/dashboards
- Be familiar with safety protocols, regulations, and compliance standards in the energy sector
- Have an understanding of the commercial aspects of the energy markets
- Be proficient in MS Office and any maintenance management system software
- Speak and write English effortlessly
What we offer:
- Employment contract
- Comprehensive onboarding program
- Internal training catalog and e-learning platform
- Culture of feedback
- Internal transition program
- Scandinavian work culture
- Work-life Harmony
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.