Job Req Number: 70278
Time Type: Full Time
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK "APPLY" BUTTON AFTER SAVING YOUR PROFILE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS.
Do you want to be a part of a global team of very knowledgeable IT Solution Architects to ensure coherence and continuity across our global IT operations?
“We have a highly effective and functioning IT operation, giving us the capacity to focus on development, upscaling and new projects. This makes our Solution Architect roles even more exciting as you’ll be involved in most of our new developments,” VP and Head of IT Operations Anders Aagaard explains.
Join an international department
At IT Operations & Services, we maintain the entire global IT infrastructure in DSV, and we work with everything from data centres, network, storage, and Cloud to our Office 365 solution. Here, you will join our technical force of more than 1.000 highly skilled people situated all around the world supporting the organisation with critical IT infrastructure.
Specifically, you will be a part of a small team of solution architects reporting to the head of Solution Architecture. You will ensure that quality, scalability, and security is in place for new and existing solutions – both applications and infrastructure.
DSV has a well-known M&A strategy and supporting this is an essential part of the job.
Have the broader perspective on our architecture
It will be your responsibility to ensure coherent architecture across our applications and infrastructure. Working from our Shared Service Centre Warsaw, Poland, you will be connected to all parts of our global IT organisation – and especially within Global IT Operations & Services. You will act as senior solution architect and through that ensure that solutions are maturing from conception of ideas, over approval to ensuring implementation.
Furthermore, you will:
• Ensure End-to-End architectural responsible for the IT landscape in IT Operations & Services
• Be responsible for maintaining an overview of the IT landscape and technical dependencies
• Use DSV standards and patterns in designs as defined in cooperation with Enterprise architecture (EA)
• Being advisor to Service Owners on technical solution designs
• Ensure design focus on standardization, scalability, stability, sustainability, security, and cost effectiveness
• Represent IT Operations on design approval forums to verify and review new solutions designs
• Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product specific guidelines and usability design standards
• Responsible for guidance and resolution of technical issues and challenges faced by engineering teams
• These responsibilities require that you will act as both a technical problem-solver as well as a high-level architect.
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field with a minimum of five plus years of related application/solution architecture or solution design experience
• Solid technical experience as it relates to application development, performance, design and SDLC concepts.
• Strong communicator, ability to speak and be understood in all layers of the business
• Deep experience and/or knowledge of the following: application architecture, data architecture, technical architecture, IT governance and security
• A TOGAF or similar certification will be a plus but not required if experience can be demonstrated by other means
• Fluid knowledge of cloud infrastructure and traditional infrastructure, such as data centers and networks
• A strong ability in translating technical jargon so that non-technical stakeholders can understand and, in turn, translate non-technical jargon into the language spoken by IT
A generalist within IT solutions
Taking on this new position, you will need to be a very self-driven individual. And while you coordinate with your colleague, you work independently to translate business needs and communicate clearly and efficiently with relevant stakeholders and collaboration partners. You are a very organised person, keeping track of projects that range greatly in scope.
Specifically, we imagine that you:
• Are skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing in English
• Can communicate on different levels of abstraction depending on the target group and product stage
• Can proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Are a strong team player, as well as having the ability to effectively influence technical teams
• Can evaluate information, identify key issues, and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience, and common sense
• Deliver to and successfully manage stakeholder expectations while working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, budgets, and resources
• Have substantial experience working with solution or enterprise architecture
What we offer:
Private medical care
Comprehensive onboarding program
Comfortable ergonomic office
Scandinavian work culture
Internal training catalog
Culture of feedback
Internal transition program
Join a global IT Organisation
Global IT is a growing and integral part of the operations of DSV, one of the world’s largest logistics providers.
Each day, we work to constantly achieve new breakthroughs and provide new intelligent products for our customers. We continuously utilise our knowledge and skills to enhance our technological capabilities, boost our position in the industry, and accelerate the growth and success of DSV. With talented teams and technological portfolio, we offer our employees the chance to boost their careers by developing and exposing themselves to intelligent state-of-the-art technologies, implemented on a global scale across DSV’s vast international network.
At DSV, we play a significant role in global logistics operations as one of the world’s largest transport and logistics providers. Looking forward, we are on a mission to become a technological leader within our field, setting the standard for the rest of the industry. Are you up for the challenge of making DSV an industry leader in technology? Then “Forward Your Career” and join us today.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Senior Director and Head Strategy and Transformation, IT Operations & Services Kim Walsøe Jensen at +45 2075 0536
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.