Job Req Number: 74845
Time Type: Full Time
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK "APPLY" BUTTON AFTER SAVING YOUR PROFILE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Want to work hands-on with the Kafka streaming platform? And are you ready to explore the realm of automated IT?
Then join us to shape the private and public cloud landscape of an expanding international company. Here, you get to explore the latest techs as part of a brand-new team within our Hybrid Computing Platform department.
“We’re still in the early stages of setting the team, so you and your new colleagues will be instrumental in defining how we operate,” explains Product Manager Roberto Marini.
Join the new Event Streaming team
At DSV, we are well underway with building our new hybrid platform for both public and private clouds. Joining this endeavour, you will become part of the Hybrid Computing Platform (HCP) department in Global IT.
Here, you will join our newly established Event Streaming team, which will consist of you, a product owner, an architect, as well as site reliability engineers and other specialists. Together, you will ensure that infrastructure products are developed, published, and maintained.
You can also look forward to working closely with the department’s 50 other colleagues, who will welcome you to a dynamic environment where teamwork and collaboration flourish. You are our Kafka subject matter expert.
Stepping into a dynamic work environment with an agile set-up, you will truly get to put your knowledge of Kafka into play when you:
• Participate in development using Confluent Cloud, Confluent Platform and Apache Kafka
• Maintain and improve the event streaming solutions
• Support customers in terms of new and existing event streaming integrations
• Promote and enforce event streaming best practices and standards
• Troubleshoot and solve problems
• On a rotational on call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24x7 coverage
Moreover, we imagine that you:
• Have a degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
• Hold a certification as a Confluent Certified Developer/Administrator for Apache Kafka
• Have experience with private and public cloud computing platforms (OpenStack, Azure)
• Have knowledge of containerisation technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
• Have knowledge of automation tools like Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Azure DevOps and ArgoCD
• Know your way around programming and scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy)
• Know how to build and maintain code to deploy and operate Kafka
• Have hands-on experience with the Agile methodology (e.g. SAFe, Scrum) and its management tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
• Speak and write English flawlessly
What we offer:
• Employment contract
• Private medical care
• Comprehensive onboarding program
• Work-life Harmony
• Modern eco-office
• Comfortable ergonomic office
• Scandinavian work culture
• Internal training catalogue
• Culture of feedback
• Internal transition program
• Holiday gifts
• Sport groups
• Bike parking
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.