Move forward as a Freight Forwarder Projects at DSV in Schiphol Airport
Be responsible for time-critical import and export airfreight shipments. Such as high-value goods, (military) spare parts or large/heavy shipments. Finding logistical solutions together with your colleagues under very high time pressure and stress. That is what you do!
You get it done
You are in close daily contact with your contacts at major international key accounts. For example, to transport spare parts to the other side of the world as quickly as possible. Or for an Aircraft-On-Ground, you organise the urgent shipment to the final destination as quickly as possible and within the agreements made. Together with your colleagues, you give this special attention and provide the customer with constant updates. Together with your colleagues, you ensure that the customer is satisfied and calls in DSV again for the next shipment. You work on it.
How do you do this? By working very closely with the key account contacts, airlines, carriers and agents as a freight forwarder project. You look customer-oriented for the right transport solution for your customers' import and export shipments. You use your knowledge, network and enthusiasm to book air freight with the airlines. As a freight forwarder, you and your colleagues relieve the customer of all their worries. You get this done by:
- processing orders in Cargowise and converting them into import and export shipments;
- timely booking of shipments with (road) transporters, airlines and carriers;
- providing updates and kpi's to customers, via phone and email, on current shipments;
- monitoring shipments and ensuring that shipments proceed without problems;
- fulfilling agreements with your customer and periodically providing them with the achieved kpi's.
Your team stands out within DSV through enthusiasm, sociability and hard work. All five colleagues, including team leader Steven, get along very well. They help each other when necessary in hectic situations on the work floor. As long as there is laughter.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Ensuring that we as DSV organise the time-critical shipments for our customers flawlessly. That is what we do,
says Steven Kiesewetter, Senior Team Lead Projects.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- mbo working and thinking level;
- at least 3 years' working experience in freight forwarding in the field of air cargo;
- a good knowledge of Dutch and English to be able to speak or e-mail with customers.
It all counts for this vacancy of freight forwarder projects. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be the case if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
You will get
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial, competitive and always looking to grow as an organisation. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- 28 holidays per year and 8% holiday pay paid out in May;
- 5% gratuity paid out in November;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- access to knowledge and training via our DSV Academy and external (logistics) study opportunities.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Jeroen de Wit will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 8229 7557 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.