Are you an experienced inventory specialist with a keen eye for optimization and efficiency? Do you want to be part of a growing organization and utilize your leadership skills to manage a dedicated team? Then this role as supervisor inventory at our company is the perfect challenge for you!
You get it done
As a supervisor of inventory, you are responsible for ensuring efficient inventory management and daily supervision of a team of five inventory controllers spread across two locations. We will soon be opening a new branch in Venlo, where you will play a crucial role in expanding your team and setting up our inventory processes. You’re on it.
How do you do this? From counting inventory to planning customer relocations within our warehouses. Together with your team, you know exactly where each product is located. Inventory management is your primary task. In addition, your team serves as the information source for management and our operations, concerning efficiency, KPIs, and bottlenecks. You achieve this by:
- providing timely and accurate reports to site management regarding KPIs;
- actively contributing to improvement ideas and optimization of inventory management procedures in the cargowrite/WMS system;
- ensuring efficient storage of goods in a full warehouse, including optimizing pick and put-away processes;
- identifying deviations and consulting with customers, account managers, and operational managers to find solutions;
- conducting quarterly counts at all warehouse locations, including any overflow locations.
Your team stands out at DSV due to your data-driven way of working. Like you, your colleagues are only satisfied when they can explain and prevent deviations in future situations. Of course, these successes are shared during team meetings. This keeps you sharp and ensures you learn something new every day.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Optimize inventory management and lead an efficient team to success as Supervisor Inventory, where data-driven decisions pave the way to warehousing excellence,
says Maurice Adams, Site Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- experience working within a Warehouse Management System and experience in inventory management;
- demonstrable experience in leading and coaching a team;
- excellent command of the English language;
- strong communication skills, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
It all counts for this vacancy of supervisor inventory in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary ranging from €2,536.85 to €3,905.43 per month, based on the knowledge and experience you bring;
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV (additional leave) days, and 8% vacation pay;
- a favourable pension scheme with a partially premium-free contribution and a 5% personal contribution;
- a professional and informal working environment where your voice matters;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This way, you can grow and influence your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.