Move forward as a Teamleader Production at DSV in Bergen op Zoom
In our 'Central Packaging' department, you will work as a production team leader in a 5-shift operation. Here, you manage your team of four and it is your responsibility to ensure that the production process runs smoothly.
You get it done
Together with your team, you ensure that all operations run safely. You know how to get the best out of your team members and ensure that the finished product is correctly packaged at the end of the production line (e.g. bagged goods, big bags, octabins): you work on it.
How do you do this? As production team leader, you manage your four colleagues (3 operators and 1 operations planner) and you are the first point of contact in case of any problems. This could be related to the machines, production line or transporters. Your responsibility is to ensure that the team can continue working and that the production line does not come to a standstill. Besides managing your team, you ensure that the administration and planning are correct. In the event of a technical malfunction, you will liaise with the technical department and/or be a proactive part of the operational process (such as operating a machine or moving goods with the forklift truck).
As team leader, you report directly to the manager warehouse in Bergen op Zoom. You know how to get the best out of your team members and ensure continuous improvement of the processes in order to serve our customers well. In addition, you periodically take care of the 'production operational meetings' and maintain contact with carriers, operators and technical service. You will achieve this by:
- coordinating the work to be carried out with the technical department/ maintenance;
- distributing and planning the daily operational work;
- observing and monitoring legal, company and safety regulations.
Your team stands out within DSV because of your ability to bring out the best in each other. It is a close-knit team that helps each other where necessary! We certainly work hard, but laughter is definitely part of it! Your team makes sure the production line keeps running. To hand it over to your colleagues after your shift.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
At DSV in Bergen op Zoom, we make sure the process keeps running operationally. Every day again for our customer,
says Barry Bielars, Manager Warehouse
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- a vocational secondary vocational education level 3 or 4 (Operator A);
- at least 3 years' experience in a managerial position in a process or technical environment;
- in possession of Operator A or willing to obtain it;
- command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing;
- possession of fork-lift truck certificate and VCA VOL;
- willingness to work in 5-shifts (31.5 hours per week);
- willingness to follow various available internal training courses.
It all counts for this vacancy of teamleader production in Bergen op Zoom. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- holidays in proportion to your 5-shift schedule and 8% holiday pay;
- extra percentage on top of your salary as compensation for your 5-shift work;
- plenty of opportunities to develop yourself further;
- the space and freedom to undertake in an informal environment;
- and, of course, a really fun team that you will be working with!
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Manouk Lips will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 5188 5961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.