Is leadership one of your best qualities and do you possess creativity and problem-solving abilities? Would you also like to work for an international world player in logistics, where the focus at DSV Solutions in Venlo is on automated warehouses? Then apply now!
What are you going to do?
As a Warehouse Manager, you are responsible for the implementation and optimisation of the logistics process within our Warehouses, in such a way that the production standards, time and quality requirements and established procedures and rules are met. As Warehouse Manager, you are responsible together with your team and fellow Warehouse Managers for all inbound, storage and outbound goods for the customers and value added activities. You will do all this within an innovative environment, working with automation and digitalisation and helping to build DSV's future. Within the role of Warehouse Manager you will report directly to the Manager Operations and you will manage on average 1 to 3 Warehouse Team Leaders and indirectly 5 to 45 warehouse employees.
Furthermore, your tasks and responsibilities consist of:
- Coordinating the logistics activities of your own department with those of other internal departments;
- Monitoring the execution of the logistics processes in relation to the daily and weekly planning;
- Providing management information based on previously agreed targets/KPIs;
- Supervising the execution in a qualitative and quantitative sense with the emphasis on quality and security requirements, taking corrective measures in case of deviations;
- Initiating and securing continuous improvement with regard to the operational processes.
What do we ask?
We are always looking for people who want to make a difference and add value to our organisation. The qualities we value are: commitment, responsibility, professional skills and the ability to share knowledge. In the role of Warehouse Manager, we also ask for the following qualities: creativity, quality awareness, leadership, problem solving ability, result orientation and the ability to keep an overview. In addition, we think this role is made for you when you:
- Not so much in possession of a diploma, but especially with a passion for logistics and able to communicate this to others;
- You have about 3 years of experience in a managerial position in a logistics environment or production organisation;
- When you already have some experience with automation within logistics, that is a plus but certainly not a must!
- Command of the Dutch and English language orally and in writing. Do you also master other languages? Then that is definitely an advantage!
What do we offer?
As a global provider of logistics solutions, we offer good career opportunities to the right people. We find it important that our employees enjoy going to work. Personal attention, open communication, collegiality and a positive corporate culture are central to this. We offer you a full-time job with a globally operating company in the field of air and sea freight, road transport and logistics. The Solutions division focuses on designing, setting up and managing total logistics concepts, in order to add value to its customers' supply chains. In addition to a lot of freedom and ample attention for personal development, we also offer:
- A varied and challenging job in an international environment;
- You will be working with the latest automation techniques in logistics and helping to build DSV's future;
- An employment contract for 40 hours per week for the time being, with the intention of permanent employment;
- A salary in accordance with the collective labour agreement for DSV Solutions (Dutch branches), which depending on your knowledge and experience amounts to between € 2.657 and € 4.198;
- And other attractive secondary employment benefits such as commuting allowance and 8% holiday allowance.
Does this sound like the challenge you like to take on?
Send your CV with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Sanne Reijnders via +31 (0)6 23035118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.