As an engineer, are you the connecting link between our logistics operation, IT and your fellow engineers? In addition, do you know exactly how to realise projects as efficiently as possible? Then we are looking for you!
You get it done
As a WMS engineer, you will mainly carry out projects aimed at setting up and optimising logistics information systems/applications. You will do this for one or more DSV sites in the south-east of the Netherlands. You ensure that your colleagues in our warehouses can perform their logistics activities as efficiently as possible. In doing so, you also look at customer-specific wishes. You’re on it.
How do you do this? You will be working in a "flat organisation" where the lines are short and where you will have complete freedom as a WMS engineer. You will work with the latest technologies, such as our automated warehouse in Venlo. You think about the future of our logistics services and are always looking to improve them. You achieve this by:
- setting up, testing and implementing new customers and associated processes in our warehouse management system;
- specifying both operational requirements and the requirements from our external customers, which you translate perfectly into system specifications for our IT developers;
- actively participating in projects to improve the logistics process, such as large-scale automation projects;
- offering operational support to, among others, key users and troubleshooters. You help them with the execution of operational activities in relation to the WMS system;
- continuously improving and standardising processes. In your own department, but also for internal and external collaborations.
Your team stands out within DSV because of your broad knowledge and experience. You will be working within a team of specialists. One within automation, the other within e-commerce. One thing you have in common is your passion for logistics and its continuous improvement!
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
From automation projects to customer implementations. You have all the freedom as an engineer to do what you do best,
says Arjan Schoonbeek, Manager Business Support.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- bachelor's or master's degree within logistics management, supply chain, engineering, technical business administration or similar;
- around 2 years of experience within a similar role;
- knowledge of logistics data analysis and logistics processes/systems. Preferably complemented by knowledge of logistics automation & mechanisation;
- skills to communicate clearly with both internal and external parties;
- affinity with WMS systems and SQL.
It all counts for this vacancy of WMS Engineer in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- a favourable pension scheme, part of which is non-contributory and an own contribution of 5%;
- 24 holidays, 4 ADV days and 8% holiday pay;
- a working environment with plenty of room for personal input, initiative,and flexibility.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or email@example.com.
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.