Class 4 - Flammable solids, substances liable to spontaneous combustion, substances which, in contact with water, emit flammable gases
Class 4 is divided into three division as follow:
Division 4.1 – Flammable solids; Self-Reactive Substances; Polymerizing Substances; and Solid Desensitized Explosives
- Solids which, under conditions encountered in transport, are readily combustible or may cause or contribute to fire through friction
- Self-reactive substances and polymerizing substances which are liable to undergo a strongly exothermic reaction
- Desensitized explosives which may explode if not diluted sufficiently
Division 4.2 – Substances Liable to Spontaneous Combustion
- Which are liable to spontaneous heating under normal conditions encountered in transport, or to heating up in contact with air and being then liable to catch fire
- Following types of substances are classified in division 4.2: Pyrophoric substances and Self-heating substances
Division 4.3 – Substances which, in Contact with Water, Emit Flammable Gases (Dangerous when wet)
- By interaction with water, are liable to become spontaneously flammable or to give off flammable gases in dangerous quantities
Disclaimer: this information is provided for convenience only. Please consult International Associations and Local Authorities for more details and latest information.
Our experts are ready to help. Get in touch and we'll find the solution you need.