How to manage aerospace logistics, supply chains and transports
When speed and reliability are essential, you need to work with a trusted logistics provider who can make the difference between on-time delivery and failure to meet contract terms.
Logistical challenges in the aerospace industry
By integrating your own IT systems with those of your selected logistics provider, you can deliver inventory planning and load listing at warehouse locations and manufacturing plants. Another benefit is that you can measure performance against a set of KPIs.
Customised supply chain solutions
Most aerospace manufacturers have plants scattered across the globe; they import spare parts and manufacture orders globally. Logistics companies can help monitor product manufacturing, safety protocols and efficiency.
Use the knowledge and experience of your logistics provider to select appropriate methods of transportation.
In simple terms, the challenge in aerospace logistics is to get parts and materials to the correct places – where there is demand – in a timely manner to optimise production resources and minimise cost.
A checklist of solutions to expect from your aerospace logistics partner
Your logistics provider should have time-definite multimodal services for critical and routine shipments. It should be able to provide tailored solutions customized to fit your logistical requirements and help you achieve maximum returns through that partnership.
- A customised supply chain service tailored to your needs – no matter how big or small you are
- An order execution system that allows late cut-off times and guarantees next-day for aircraft on ground (AOG) shipments
- Delivery performance targets that are regularly met and have very low rates of damage: this requires skilled, experienced, industry-knowledgeable customer service teams in offices and warehouses
- A partner that can take on every part of the supply chain as their responsibility and match it to your manufacturing, sourcing, supply and specifications
- End-to-end supply chain management anywhere in the world
- Intermodal freight services to combine the cost-saving benefits of sea freight with the time-saving benefits of air freight
- Chartering on any given day with emergency services and 24-hour global servicing
- Careful planning, damage prevention and cargo insurance
- Reverse logistics including decommissioning
- Efficient and sustainable transport
- Customs clearance
Our experts are ready to help. Get in touch and we'll find the solution you need.