With over 30 years of experience and a dedicated team using first-class (air)port infrastructure, DSV Perishables offers an excellent service for perishable cargo such as fruits, vegetables, flowers, fishery products and so on. We can cover most freight shipments entering or leaving the EU via Belgium thanks to our offices in Brussels Airport, Liege Airport, Puurs and the Port of Antwerp.
DSV has grown through mergers and acquisitions to become one of only a few global freight forwarders that are active in the perishables business. Get complete solutions from a single logistics provider through our global network, in an increasingly direct market where growers and purchasing companies deal directly with one another.
What can you expect from us?
- Global network and dedicated country teams who speak your language and control your shipments from end to end
- Pickup at origin and last-mile delivery
- Multimodal transport including temperature-controlled air freight, reefer sea freight, temperature-controlled road and courier services, or any combination of these
- Guaranteed capacity via the Air Charter Network for flexibility to secure freight capacity on countless routes and schedules around the world
- Maintaining the cold chain during transport and storage of your perishables in specific temperature ranges to keep them fresh and in top quality, even in critical phases during flight, loading and off-loading
- Value-added services such as consignment documentation, product-specific packaging solutions, customs clearance and distribution door-to-door
- Import and export formalities
- Advise on package requirements
- Arrangements with origin/ destination customs offices
- FASFC formalities (sanitary authority)
- Solution orientation in unexpected and/ or unforeseen situations
- Legislation compliance
Temperature controlled facilities
Our facilities at Brussels Airport include total storage capacity of 2.300 m² with 4 temperature zones:
|-20 - 0 °C||0 - 2 °C||2 - 8 °C||15 - 25 °C|
At all other ports we guarantee a fast and reliable cold-chain with third party facilities.
The FASFC (Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain) also carries out its inspections at our facilities which enables us to safeguard the quality of the products during transit at the airport.
Preserve the freshness and integrity of your products from origin to destination
Our perishables experts understand all aspects of how to handle fresh products – from farming or growing, optimal conditions to maintain freshness, transportation requirements, specific export/import criteria regarding customs duties, taxes and health regulations, to geographical and socio-economic consumption trends affecting the market.
Contact us any time
Do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form below or call us on +32 2610 4257 during office hours for more information. We are happy to be of service!
Our experts are ready to help. Get in touch and we'll find the solution you need.