With improvements in rail quality and consistency, DSV’s intermodal product can deliver significant savings to your transportation budget. And unlike boxcar freight trains, intermodal trains make few, if any, stops and offer competitive transit times to highway truckload service. The advantages you will gain through intermodal include:
- Reduced fuel surcharge expense
- Added seasonal capacity
- Reduced carbon footprint
As a customer, you will benefit from our relationships with all major North American railroads, and our extensive drayage network ensures your cargo moves efficiently from origination to final destination. With DSV, you gain the confidence of working with an experienced team who will manage the complexities of the entire intermodal shipping process, enabling you to save time and increase margin.
Our trailer-on-flat-car services enable a streamlined combination of truck and train transportation. We also offer container-on-flat-car services, which add additional savings opportunities especially when containers are destined for overseas shipping.
Intermodal Border Crossing
You can be assured that DSV will move your cargo across the border safely and securely and prevent it from getting tied up in red tape.
DSV simplifies cross-border business by providing you with a single point of contact, resulting in increased security and on-time delivery. We expedite customs clearance enabling you to:
- Focus time on increasing business in other geographic markets
- Save time by having your cargo move efficiently through customs
- Maximize visibility through live tracking of your shipments
- Increase capacity to meet seasonal demand or take advantage of unexpected orders
- Gain peace of mind knowing that you're working with tenured logistics professionals who do this every day
Our experts are ready to help. Get in touch.