DSV Protect is an optional added value service provided by DSV as part of your transport
It protects you in case of loss or damage to your cargo. DSV Protect provides indemnity up to a prescribed maximum amount (without any sub-limitation of liability and on first loss basis), subject to terms outlined below.
DSV Protect is an optional value-added Service provided by DSV to our Customers exclusively in connection with your transports organized by DSV. It protects you in case of loss of or damage to your goods. DSV Protect provides indemnity up to a prescribed maximum amount (without any sub-limitation of liability and on first loss basis), subject to the terms outlined below.
- DSV: shall mean the contracting DSV entity which performs the Services to the Customer as requested in any given order.
- Customer: shall mean the entity at which request or on whose behalf DSV provides Services.
- Services: shall mean DSV Protect and Transport Services according to DSV Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Goods: shall mean any item and/or container handled by DSV during provision of Services for or on behalf of the Customer.
DSV Protect Service
DSV will indemnify you for loss of or damage to your goods whilst in our care, custody, or control.
The maximum amount DSV will pay is in accordance with the DSV Protect Service launched for your specific country and transport mode (information available at www.protect.dsv.com or in your local DSV office).
The general compensation limits are up to (as specified in the country where the transport is booked):
DKK/NOK/SEK/CNY 10,000 or
EUR/USD/CHF/GBP/CAD 5,000 or
JPY 500,000 / ZAR 1,000 or
DSV Protect for Xpress EUR/GBP 1,500
per affected shipment.
DSV Protect Exclusions
- Loss, damage or expense attributable to your willful misconduct
- Ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, or ordinary wear and tear of the cargo
- Loss, damage or expense caused by:
- insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the cargo to withstand the ordinary incidents of the transit
- inherent vice or nature of the cargo
- insolvency or financial default of carrier and the owners, managers, charterers, or operators of the vessel
- war, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or civil strife arising therefrom, or any hostile act by or against a belligerent power
- capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment (piracy excepted), and the consequences thereof or any attempt thereat
- derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs or other derelict weapons of war
- any act of terrorism being an act of any person acting on behalf of, or in connection with, any organization which carries out activities directed towards the overthrowing or influencing, by force or violence, of any government whether or not legally constituted
- any person acting from a political, ideological, or religious motive
- Loss, damage or expense resulting from strikes, lock-outs, labour disturbances, riots or civil commotions
- Loss, damage or expense directly or indirectly caused by or arising from:
- the use of any weapon or device employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter
- any chemical, biological, bio-chemical, or electromagnetic weapon
- the use or operation, as a means for inflicting harm, of any computer, computer system, computer software program, malicious code, computer virus or process or any other electronic system
- Loss, damage or expense resulting from temperature variation directly attributable to mechanical breakdown unless the period of mechanical breakdown exceeds 24 consecutive hours.
- Loss, damage or expense arising from:
- unseaworthiness of vessel or craft or unfitness of vessel or craft for the safe carriage of the cargo, where you are privy to such unseaworthiness or unfitness, at the time the cargo is loaded
- unfitness of container or conveyance for the safe carriage of the cargo, where you are privy to such unfitness at the time of loading
- errors and omissions by DSV
- General average contribution
- Other pure financial loss
This Service does not include the reimbursement of forwarding charges and other costs for goods discharged by the carrier at a port of distress
This Service is not available for shipments to/from Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Eritrea, Iran, North Korea, Liberia, Mali, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, West Bank, Yemen.
The Customer is not protected against any claim to the extent that the provision of such protection would expose DSV to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America, or any other country or international body imposing trade or economic sanctions.
Duties of the customer
Law and jurisdiction
Any dispute regarding DSV Protect is subject to Danish law and subject to jurisdiction in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Version: 2.0, 18 May 2021
Our experts are ready to help. Get in touch and we'll find the solution you need.