Rail freight is increasingly popular - especially for transport between China and Europe
Rail offers a fast, safe and reliable transport alternative to air and sea freight
Sending a container by rail instead of ship from China reduces the transit time from months to just weeks. There are daily departures from several cities in northern and eastern China, as well as several neighbouring countries including Vietnam and South Korea. Most locations in western and northern Europe and Russia are served by a guaranteed weekly general cargo container service from China.
What about security & insurance for rail freight shipments?
Extensive security measures, such as anti-theft equipment and container locks, and close monitoring ensure smooth and safe transport. And DSV Insurance, our in-house insurance company, can offer tailor-made insurance solutions.
Our rail freight transport services
- Rail transport to and from China, Vietnam, South Korea etc. and Europe
- Terminals in Chongqing, Chengdu, Xi’An, Xiamen, Zhengzhou, Hefei, Wuhan, Yiwu, Shenyang, Suzhou, Yantai
- Reliable door-to-door solutions
- Single container, secured trailers or block train
- LCL consolidations
- Cross-docking and customs clearance
- Transport insurance
- 24/7 track & trace by GPS
- Special safety and monitoring devices
Benefits of rail freight
Our experts are ready to help. Get in touch and we'll find the solution you need.