Job Req Number: 75495
Time Type: Full Time
Job Title: IT Specialist – Senior Database Administrator
Purpose of Position
We are seeking to hire a technically skilled database administrator that is capable of holding positions of great responsibility. In this role, you'll be assisting team and troubleshoot issues related to database problems that arise and carry out periodic maintenance.
- Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of crash.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for database maintenance or protection.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Adherence to the Code of Conduct policy of the DSV Group
- Any other job-related tasks as assigned
- Strong command of administration and support of MSSQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 and any of open-source databases (MognoDB, PostgreSQL or MySQL) is an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Strong knowledge on performance tuning
- Level 2 and Level 3 tickets support
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills are an advantage
- Having experience with service management tools (Cherwell or Remedy etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and responsible
- Capable of working under pressure
- Up to date with trends and developments in database administration
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in database administration and Production IT Support
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies MSSQL , Oracle and Open-source databases (MongoDB or Postgresql or Mysql) along with certification is a plus
- Experience with cloud services and devops tools is a plus
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.