Job Req Number: 75321
Time Type: Full Time
Business Development Manager, Road
Move forward as Business Development Manager (Road) at DSV in Puurs.
About the role
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for expanding the market reach and customer base. Additionally, you will play a crucial role in identifying new opportunities by closely monitoring market trends and developments. Planning and executing strategies to promote the growth and success of the company will be a key aspect of your role.
- Customer Acquisition: Actively seek new customers and market segments, identify new opportunities, build relationships, and convert prospects into clients.
- Business Growth Strategy: Develop and implement strategic plans to stimulate company growth by identifying new market opportunities, overseeing product development, and enhancing market presence.
- Customer Visits and Reporting: Conduct customer visits, report opportunities in the CRM system, and provide regular updates on client interactions.
- Rate Negotiation: Negotiate rates with customers and internally with Operations.
- Custom Proposals: Develop and follow up on customized proposals tailored to meet client needs.
- Schedule Management: Efficiently manage your schedule independently.
- Administration: Maintain accurate, clear, and comprehensive administrative records.
- Customer Implementation: Ensure customer implementation aligns with agreed-upon terms in collaboration with the Customer Implementation Manager (CIM).
- Sales Reporting: Report sales results to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
"As an Account Manager, you have the opportunity to develop your own region," says Nancy Balduck, Director of Sales & Marketing at Road.
In Belgium, we operate from over 18 branches, with more than 1,400 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
Are you the perfect fit?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a commercial role within road transport (pallet and groupage shipments)
- Excellent communication skills and negotiation techniques
- Strong analytical thinking to interpret market data and developments
- Proficient in Dutch and English languages
- Willing to travel sporadically for evaluation meetings with clients (optional)
All of this counts for the Business Development Manager position. Furthermore, it's crucial that you feel at home with us. This will certainly happen if you are determined and eager to grow with DSV.
Why choose DSV?
Working for DSV means working for one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is enterprising, competitive, and wants to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment, we also offer:
- A challenging work environment with plenty of opportunities for further professional growth and development.
- A direct and open company culture (Danish company).
- A permanent contract with an attractive package of secondary employment conditions.
- Company car, fuel card, laptop, mobile phone, bonus system, expense allowance, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers (7 euros), eco vouchers, 33 vacation days, the possibility to lease an electric bike, home office and flexible working hours, CAO 90.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Cedric Rogiers will answer all your questions via +32 (0)4 76 88 67 71 or email@example.com
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.