Job Req Number: 60434
Time Type: Full Time
The Business Support Specialist is an entry level role that provides operations support by contacting branch personnel to ensure all shipment information are completely and accurately filled in the system, including maintenance of customer master file database and ensure accuracy and completeness of reports and client deliverables.
• Support various processes including, but not limited to, Order Management and other specialized client requirements based on defined work instructions
• Monitor different Key Performance Indexes (KPIs) and helps drive branch compliance to CSOPs
• Maintain the data integrity of Client Master Files (CMF) and Access Profiles (AP) based on prescribed formats.
• Support the SOP validation process by following up with the applicable branches to ensure data completion and accuracy
• Support data entry and EDI retriggering
• Flag irregularities via the use of Non-Conformance Database (NCD)
• Identify and support corrective/ preventive action solutions and continuous improvement initiatives
• Train new hires and impart best practices on existing processes
• Provide daily or weekly reports on client requests, process changes, issues, concerns, and program highlights
• Document new and existing processes as necessary
• Prepare internal work log report for billing purposes
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
• Completed at least 3 years in college
• Proficient in the English language both oral and written
• Knowledgeable in basic computer applications.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Accurate & timely data entry skills
• Possess excellent administrative and problem solving skills
• Quality and process-oriented
• Able to manage time effectively and manage multiple processes to meet targets and prioritize urgent deliverables
• Able to handle multiple tasks and changing requirements
• Ability to work with a diverse set of team members both locally and/or globally
• Amenable to work in shifting schedules or as required by the business
• With excellent interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude
• Ability to work independently, requires minimal supervision, and works well in a team environment
• Effective at managing conflict and maintaining a professional demeanor even under pressure
• Highly motivated and motivates others to create a positive working environment
• Strong customer service mindset
• With strong sense of responsibility, integrity, and proactivity
• Hardworking, committed, and persistent in delivering results
• Preferably with 6 months Freight Forwarding or Customer Service experience
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.