Move forward as Warehouse Manager at DSV in Venlo
Are you the experienced leader who doesn't shy away from any challenge? Do you enjoy building a new team within our existing organization?
You get it done
As a warehouse manager at DSV, you are responsible for providing management information and reports based on predetermined targets and KPIs. You coordinate the daily logistics activities, optimize our warehouse processes, and initiate improvement projects. You’re in it!
How do you do this? Your leadership skills come into full play in this role. You are, in fact, helping to build a new team, closely involved in onboarding new customers, all within a brand new double-deck warehouse. You will be working on coaching and guiding your team, with safety and quality being of essential importance. You get this done by:
- coordinating the logistics activities of your own operation with those of other internal departments;
- ensuring correct and timely execution of our logistics processes;
- providing management information based on agreed-upon targets/KPIs;
- carrying out all necessary leadership tasks, such as conducting performance and evaluation meetings.
Your team stands out at DSV because you're at the beginning of an entirely new operation. New customers, a new location, and a new team. It's your challenge, along with your team, to manage all of this effectively.
We are DSV, we grow
DSV is a global provider of transport and logistics services. With offices in more than 80 countries and a growing network of partners, there is no place in the world we cannot reach via transport by air, sea, rail, courier or road or where we can offer storage in warehouses.
Together with your team, you are building an efficient, safe, and high-quality logistics operation within our organization,
says Krists Sakars, Operations Manager.
In the Netherlands, we operate from over 25 branches, with more than 3,000 colleagues. Together we rise to the challenge of a rapidly changing environment. We make quick decisions at every level and combine ambition and teamwork. This is how we move forward and make a difference together.
- a passion for logistics, and you know how to convey it to others;
- you can keep track and always think a few steps ahead with a problem-solving attitude;
- at least 5 years of leadership experience in a managerial role within a 3PL logistics environment;
- you can communicate at all levels in at least the English language (in spoken and written form).
It all counts for this vacancy of warehouse manager in Venlo. Furthermore, it is of course important that you feel at home with us. That will certainly be possible if you like to keep going, have guts and want to grow with DSV.
Working at DSV means working at one of the top players in the logistics market. DSV is entrepreneurial and competitive, which is why we always want to grow as an organization. That is why we are looking for people who want to grow with us. Besides a challenging job in an international environment we also offer:
- a salary tailored to the knowledge and experience you bring;
- a 5% bonus paid in November;
- 24 vacation days, 4 ADV (Additional Duties) days, and 8% holiday pay;
- a favorable pension plan, with a portion being premium-free and a 5% personal contribution;
- access to knowledge and training through our DSV Academy. This way, you can grow and have an impact on your career path.
Send your resume with motivation or leave your details and we will contact you. Any questions about this vacancy? Our corporate recruiter Sanne Reijnders will answer all your questions via +31 (0)6 2303 5118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our colleagues tell our story
Watch the video (in Dutch) below
We like to find our new colleague ourselves. In doing so, we don't need help from others. And no, not from recruitment agencies either.
Do you share candidate data with DSV, for example in the form of a resume? Then we treat this data as public information. This means that we do not owe a fee if we hire a candidate whose data (in whatever form) you have shared.
Return to the job openings overview.