Specialised services for oversized and non-containerized cargo
DSV’s break bulk services include reliable and cost-effective solutions that meet the highest standards of safety, service and quality.
What is break bulk?
With break bulk, your cargo is transported loose instead by using standard containers. This cargo is therefore non-containerized and contains items that are to large or to heavy, such as: construction and mining machinery, equipment for the oil and gas industry, pipes, boats, turbine blades, ship propellers, generators, large engines and steel parts.
How does break bulk work?
Break bulk cargo is usually transported in big bags, crates or barrels. Or as lose cargo secured on pallets or skids. Specialized breakbulk vessels are equipped with cranes that can handle heavy cargo safer and faster than normal harbor cranes, making the loading or unloading of breakbulk faster and more efficient.
Our experienced team can help you with the challenges of planning and coordinating efficient breakbulk transport by sea. Your advantages of breakbulk cargo with DSV:
- Our worldwide network of intercontinental and shortsea routes
- Flexibility in arranging transport by scheduled or charter services
- Your complete logistics chain solutions from pick up, storage and packaging and till final delivery
- Use of specialized equipment such as flat-rack or open-top containers, roll trailers and flatbeds
- Qualified staff , fast response time and personalized service
Talk to our experts for a tailor made solution for your most complex transportation needs.
Our teams in DSV Air & Sea are ready for you.